All reviews massage chair yamanote line living room tatami area private spa jaccuzi bath japanese breakfast premium room short walk jr station tokyo standards place to stay stayed here for nights the hotel staff ryokan takadanobaba tv
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Subdued and quiet atmosphere, amenity-filled rooms, and separated just enough from the usual crazy go-go-go of Tokyo to be relaxing. The staff was very accomodating to foreign travelers and did an admirable job helping us feel comfortable and welcome.

Date of stay: April 2017
2  Thank GregS4081
miyabiyado, Front Desk Staff at Miyabiyado Takemine, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

Dear Mr./Ms. Greg S
I deeply appreciate your stay and detailed review. It was our pleasure to serve you. I am so glad to see you enjoyed the stay a lot. And with your detailed comment, it is very helpful for us to improve what we offer, certainly. Finally, I really reccommened customers those who have stayed before to come back to our hotel anytime they want. I am looking forward to the possibility of serving you again someday.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

We had a great stay at Miyabiyado Takemine. Hospitality, facilities, location but specially the staff who cares for any single need of guests. It is one of the few times that photos published by property are an exact reflect of reality. Even during our visit there were improving and maintenance work but was like nothing was going on. We loved to stay here

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Mr./Ms. Srlunagomez
Firstly, I would like to say thank you for spending your time with us. Well, it would be great if you could be relaxed at our Ryokan. And I am really glad to know that our service and accommodation could be your help. I truly want you to stay at Takemine again someday. Thank you very much again.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

We had a large room with jacuzzi and massage chair. Plenty of amenities and nice breakfast served in the room. Very clean.

The TV in the bathroom didn't seem to work. And at night when we turned off the light, there was a weird beeping sound. We told the staff, but it didn't seem to get fixed. It only started when the lights where off.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Mr./Ms. Kakmonster-Li

First of all, let me show my gratitude for your having stayed with us. It was our pleasure to serve you. Reading your comment, I truly felt happiness for your words. What you mentioned is something we really want to be told. But I want to apologize for bothering you with the inconvenience of Lighting system and beeping sound from celling light.We already fix that staffs. It would be wonderful if you enjoyed our accommodation a lot. What you mentioned, our easing your tiredness, is a good news for us.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

This place was really nice. The room had a good ambience and it didn't feel forced. It was cute and could be a nice and romantic spot with the right partner. The breakfast was nice too. It's a great start for a place to stay if you go to Japan to get you in the mood of "I'm in Japan."

Not cheap though and execution could be a bit better.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Mr./Ms. PhilippCha I deeply appreciate for having spent your vacation with us.. I am so delighted to receive a detailed review from you. What you mentioned in this comment is something really makes us happy. It was a pleasure to serve you. If you feel like it, I want you to book our Ryokan again someday. We would like to attend you to the room again, certainly. Thank you again. Have a nice day.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

I booked this through expedia so am not sure on value however it is in a quiet, friendly, local Shinjuku neighborhood roughly 10 mins from harajuku and Shinjuku.
The rooms are lovely and traditional with modern extras (40 inch flatscreen, jaccuzi bath with lights! and air con) and its a 5 min walk (or less) from a 7/11 and shimo-ochiai station. The staff are super helpful and polite 24/7, no laundry service but the launderette is cheap, close and open 0600 - 2300 - As its a local neighborhood I recommend brushing up on a couple of Japanese phrases - English is spoken but limited.
recap/tips: hotel is clean and spacious with friendly/helpful staff

locals are friendly and station is 2 min train ride from takadanobaba which houses the yamanote line (is a circular line with all the famous Tokyo districts on it)

get yourself a passmo or suica or if you have the funds and intend to ride the shinkansen - a jr pass

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
miyabiyado, Front Desk Staff at Miyabiyado Takemine, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

I deeply appreciate your stay and so glad to see you enjoyed our room service. Thank you for your detailed comment say that our room service was comfortable for you.
If you get another chance to visit Tokyo, I hope you come back to Ryokan Takemine anytime you want. Thank you so much again! Have a nice day