1,121 results
All reviews great location train station rooms are small hot water red light district high floor same building japanese hotels your doorstep deluxe room green tea minute walk vending machine restaurants and shops hotel is located ramen golden gai
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel was basic but it's pretty much a standard in Tokyo at this price range. The location was great, very close to the Shinjuku station, very close to many restaurants, eateries, food markets. Everything was tiny but you don't spend time in your room anyway, it's Tokyo! Coffee shops like Starbucks and others in the same building. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank bewareofkate
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is the worst hotel I have stayed at in a very long time. The room was tiny, even by Tokyo standards. The bathroom looked like it was from an airplane, and was about the same size.

It is at Shinjuku station, but still requires a 20 minute walk to get to any of the main lines.

The lobby looked straight out of the 60s or 70s, and was gloomy and underground.

Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Colourwolf
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Sure its small, they inform you upfront that it is 15 Sq. Meters.(150 Sq. Feet). we spent five nights with no trouble about space. I had our suitcase strategically placed between the front door and bathroom door so that both can open without touching it.
Finding the hotel from the JR Shinjuku Station the first time was confusing and took us about 20 minutes. Our third trip to the station took less than 5 minutes. Actually, when you get off the JR Yamamanote Line, look North and you will see the building. It has a Uniglo Store on its lower floors. Look for the East gate and proceed straight, sort of following the rail tracks. Its only a little more than a block away.
Contrary to what other reviewers have said, we had free high speed wifi throughout our stay. They had a 29" LED TV in superb HD. The room is quiet, air conditioning was perfect, an electronic safe, a nice refrigerator, not a minibar, they are not selling you anything. The beds were very comfortable with perhaps the finest linen I have ever used. Service was great, my request for extra pillows took about 30 seconds. The shower was powerful and the deep soaking tub was very relaxing after a hard day of sight seeing.
No room service, but with 5000 eateries around, who cares.
Travelers today carry a lot of gadgets. We have an ipad each, she has an iphone while I carry an android, a personal wifi, a portable charger and my camera batteries. I counted 8 useable outlets in this small room.
The prices are reasonable.
Most of all, it was immaculately clean.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Jonathan Y
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed at this Shinjuku for second time. Last year and this year in the same month May. This year because of the high allergy season, I think the hotel added the clean air in the room, it does help my water eyes and running nose. The good location of the hotel with the jr train line and subway easy access to near by cities and many restaurants and shops around the hotel. The hotel staffs were good and understanding English. We had high floor 23 deluxe-double room, it's Japanese style small room compares to US, but very clean, neat. Overall the room was good and awesome views over Shinjuku. I recommend this hotel for great location and clean hotel.

Room Tip: room level 23 for views of tokyo
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kathy l
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here a couple I nights. My room was on one of the upper floors, which have awesome views over Tokyo. The room was fine, a little worn out, typically small, though the air conditioning didn't seem to work correctly and it was either freezing cold or boiling hot. There was no kettle in the room (as opposed to what is common in Japan) and barely-hot water is available from a dispenser by the elevators. I tried the breakfast, which was taken in a pretty grim underground room. I've had better breakfasts in many other Japanese hotels. The hotel feels a little sleazy, not sure whether it's the Kabuki-cho location that creates the feel or it's just the rather dated rooms and corridors. Overall, it's an acceptable place to stay but there are much better places to stay in Shinjuku for a similar price.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business