1,147 results
All reviews great location train station hot water rooms are small red light district deluxe twin room same building high floor japanese hotels your doorstep green tea minute walk hotel room vending machine restaurants and shops hotel is located ramen
Reviewed 25 May 2008

This hotel is in an excellent location which is my main priority when booking a hotel as you spend little time in the room to start with. On your doorstep is the fabulous Shinjuku area which is buzzing at all times of the night and has hundreds of restaraunts, bars and department stores. The JR train station is located across the street and the subway directly below the hotel itself so travel around Tokyo is very easy. The room itself is small but spotless. The staff very helpful. The only drawback is that there are only 3 computers available with internet access. If your here on business take a laptop.

Date of stay: May 2008
1  Thank TinySydney
Reviewed 27 March 2008

All I can say is the Tripadvisor does a great public service in providing a voice for people to advise others on hotels like these. And as regards listing the flaws with the Shinjuku Prince, where do I start?

Basically, I chose this hotel because I thought we were getting some sort of an upgrade which we paid more for, the 'renewer room B' I believe it was called. But the room was so small it was incredible; there was hardly enough space for the tiny bathroom and double bed within it. I know rooms are small in Tokyo but I should mention that we also stayed at another hotel in Roppongi for the same price and the room was literally twice the size.

The pillows had this foul odour akin to dirty laundry, and there was dust everywhere. Furthermore, unlike most hotels, we were unable to adjust the temperature in the room. It was either too hot or too cold. And the ventilation was appalling.

To top it all off they charged us into the hotel bar despite the fact that we were residents!! We decided we'd go for one drink at 6pm on a Sunday evening to the empty Fuga Bar on top and we paid 500 yen (about €3.50 or $5) admission. I showed my resident card to the barman but he politely explained that the charge still applied.

There were some positives such as a good location, friendly staff and a good view, but apart from this stay miles away from the overpriced and undersized Shinjuku Prince.

Date of stay: March 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2008

I booked my stay via expedia for us$180 per night, which I thought was exorbitant after I saw our room. We got a standard double room, which included a double bed, and not much walking space. There was a small set of hangers hanging from a rod but no closet. The desk was small, as was the computer screen sized tv. We got a nice city view from the window, which was nice. The bathroom resembled one that you would find on a cruise. After closing the bathroom door, I felt like i was on a cruise again, with the white plastic surroundings, so it was a bit claustrophobic. Thank goodness we only stayed for one night at this hotel. I felt really claustrophobic staying in the room, and felt that there was hardly any ventilation. It was quite dry too.

The location is pretty good, its a short walk away from the JR station, but if you're taking the NEX from Narita, be sure to get directions on how to get from the JR to the hotel, because it can be confusing with all the construction around the station. As with most JR stations, there are plenty of restaurants and convenience stores around for you to visit. The hotel is a short walk away from Kabuki cho as well so if you want to see some shady clubs then you can go there too.

As for the service, check in took five minutes, and the concierge/bell desk were extremely resourceful and helpful with our questions.

Overall, if you're going to be out and about the whole day, and will only use this place to sleep, its a good convenient option; however, for around 200/day I think you can find other, more spacious options.

Date of stay: February 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2007

I was in tokyo for a quick stay 2 night stay before heading home to London. This hotel is worth a stay. Room was nice and comfortable and the view of the Shinjuku skyline was nothing short of awesome! The most important thing of all was that the service was great. The staff spoke English which was very comforting as this was my first visit to Japan and I dont speak a word of Japanese! Shinjuku station is just round the corner and very easy to get to. If visiting Tokyo, stay in this hotel.

Date of stay: February 2007
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
6  Thank charlier0204
Reviewed 21 January 2007

I've used this hotel a number of times for many years and find it very convenient for a few days. Yes, it is small but 'upgrading' to a superior room can help, although that can mean a cost not far off something like the Keio Plaza Hotel.

If you need to work west from Tokyo, the Seibu Shinjuku line is right beneath the hotel (and not noisy unless you get a low room). This line is ideal for Tanashi and Tokorozawa towns but gives you the benefit of living in the nightlife of Tokyo.

Staff are friendly and speak reasonable English; restaurant is not exactly gourmet but passable and the bar on the top floor is OK and gives a good view.

Date of stay: September 2006