“Good for the price paid.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shinjuku Prince Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Shinjuku Prince Hotel
Ranked #15 of 81 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
San Diego, California
“Good for the price paid.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

After looking at the prices for a 6 night stay in tokyo we settled on Shinjuku Prince. This hotel was a good 300 pounds cheaper than anywhere else we looked and for the price we paid we enjoyed our stay.

The check in was a easy process and the room was good. We expected a small room and that is what we got with just enough room to walk around the side of the bed, but we have stayed in smaller room. And the bathroom was almost like portable toilet but was fine for our needs.

The location was good and right in a busy area , which we really liked. We had a great time at this hotel and would return.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jayda L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

I chose this hotel based on the good reviews that I found in Tripadvisor. I must admit that it was a terrible choice!. The Hotel is clearly outdated and the location is terrible. The service is the worst I ever seen in Japan. the rooms were a real inferno with temperatures at 26 degrees. When we complained about the room temperature, we were provided with a fan since the air conditioning was not programed to cool down. In summary, please avoid this hotel. If you really want to go to the Shinjuku area, look for a Hotel in west Shinjuku and avoid all the junkiies and prostitutes around the Prince Hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chevalierlatin
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

We stayed here after our connecting flight was canceled due to a hurricane. We scrambled to find a hotel and decided to stay here after my fiance stayed in Shinjuku the previous year. The hotel was ok. It was in an ok location. It was walking distance from the metro station but a little too far from most of the Shinjuku action. The room was small but who cares when it is either a small room or stuck in the airport for three nights! My one big complaint was that the room, and the whole floor smelled like smoke. And the internet was REALLY hard to figure out!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amy T
Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

Situated just a one-lane street away from Kabuki-cho, Tokyo's notorious sex district, this hotel stay was the scariest one in the five years or so that I have been visiting Japan. There was nothing actually wrong with this hotel, it is just a pretty average property but situated in a very, very unfortunate location.

I did not choose this hotel, the company who arranged for my work trip did. Check-in was fast and efficient - the staff spoke good English and had all the paperwork done in a matter of minutes. I was given a single room, which was nicely decorated with modern furniture and fixtures. It might be a small space, but it's actually pretty comfy.

The bathroom though, was in pretty bad shape. I could smell a faint stench coming from behind the fibreglass covering that hides the piping from view. The WC tank had probably clogged or something, and while not outright unbearable, I would still want to hold my nose while washing my hands or brushing my teeth in the tiny bathroom.

I ran into trouble the first night I was there, and I had not even stepped out of the hotel proper. A business associate had asked me to wait at the hotel door for him to pick me up and take me to a meeting venue. It was not two minutes standing outside when a dark suited guy with dyed blonde hair came up to me and started speaking to me in a threatening tone. I understood Japanese well enough to know that he is assuming that I'm some sort of gang member, for whatever reason he made the assumption I have no idea. I pretended to not understand him, and I was rather panicked by that time. Thankfully, he got the idea after a while and left.

This incident left me very shaken, and was unfortunately not the end of my woes staying there. Another old man, who looked to be in his 50s, started following me to and from the hotel doors to the 7-Eleven across the street. After the second day, I did not dare to venture out of the hotel once it was dark. By day three, I was uncomfortable staying there that I wanted out. I requested my business associate to book another hotel for me, and moved to another Prince property - the Grand Prince Takanawa. Thankfully, the rest of my business trip was made very pleasant by the excellent service and safe, residential area location at the Grand Prince Takanawa.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

The Prince hotel Shinjuku is amazing value for money!! It is very clean, comfy,has awesome staff service and is in a great location! The rooms are very small but thats expected in tokyo.Breakfast time was a bit tricky as there is no real place to eat food in the hotel except for in your room. Overall it was a great place to stay and would recommend it to friends and family

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shinjuku
Hotel Gracery Shinjuku
Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
#8 of 81 in Shinjuku
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,680 reviews
Citadines Central Shinjuku Tokyo

Been to Shinjuku Prince Hotel? Share your experiences!