All reviews provide breakfast chome station department store nice hotel min walk other hotels isetan bidet wifi taxi subway
Reviewed 21 May 2017

I stayed for 4 nights. A room is small...yup Tokyo size. Hotel is well maintained and clean. The location is very convenient especially for shopping since it is east side of Shinjuku station. The nearest station is Tokyo metro Shinjuku 3 chome station...about 3-4 min walk. Still, you can walk to JR Shinjuku station ...around 10-15 min. If you take a taxi, it would be 500-800 yen. There are lots of shops, restaurants and convenient stores near by. Marui Men's department store would be 3-4 min walk. Isetan (iconic department in Shinjuku) would be 5min. They provide basic breakfast..nothing fancy but i found that it was quite nice. I suppose no other hotels would provide breakfast in the price range in Shinjuku. I would stay again.

Stayed: April 2017
2  Thank CMinvan
Reviewed 13 December 2016

It was raining. We were at a supermarket near the hotel. There, we met by chance the receptionist of the hotel who helped us out with the check-in. I think she bought something for her dinner or so. We chatted a little and then we simply minded our own business. Everything was normal until...when we wanted to go back to the hotel, she lent me her umbrella (or maybe the hotel's umbrella) without hesitation, and she just went back to the hotel under the rain. I could see that she cared for us from her heart. This is what I call, an excellent service.

PS: The hotel is of course also very nice, close to the shopping area.
PSS: I rarely gave a five-star rating.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2016

I took Skyliner to Uneo, and then caught Metro to Higashi Shinjuku. It took me 7-8 mins to reach the hotel from the metro station by foot. It is 2 mins away from SHINJUKU MARUI MEN, 2.5 mins from ISETAN, 10 mins from BICQLO, 13 mins from NeWoMan, 12 mins from Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden.... so an ideal place for walking around/shopping at Shinjuku. Lawson at the corner and 7-11 at the other side of the hotel.

Room size is bigger than I thought. The Room is basic but you got everything you need. I like the air purifier/humidifier very much. Breakfast is basic but you get what you pay for. I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Francis C
Reviewed 26 April 2016

We came across this hotel while searching for our Airbnb (yep that's right). After three hours in the freezing cold at 100am in the morning we gave up and followed the neon light of Via inn which led us to this hotel . Once inside the via inn there was no way I was going outside again to look for some misdirected/misguided Airbnb promise. (But that's another story or should I say review - actually I wouldn't even bother with that).

The staff at Via inn were great. They knew straight away we were lost and even with limited English they were able to give us a nice comfy room for a reasonable price for the night. Never having stayed in a hotel in Japan before we were surprised how small the room was and how even smaller the bathroom (similar to the toilets on airplanes) but we were very pleasantly surprised by the heated toilet seat. The room had all the amenities required for a short stay with a comfy bed and bathroom necessities although two people and two suitcases and the room was at full capacity.

Breakfast in the morning before checkout consisted of breadrolls sausages and salad (basic but we didn't book the hotel for its breakfast).

Anyway this little gem was great for the night I would recommend it for its location its close to entertainment shopping and restaurants/bars and as we found out in daylight to our dismay the eluded Airbnb we had booked.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nitemist
Reviewed 18 April 2016

Stayed 3 nights for a Tokyo leisure trip. The location is good for shopping in Shinjuku area, although not very close to Shinjuku JR station. Clean and neat hotel will small room as many other hotels in Japan. You could get a bargain price if booked in well advance.
Quite a good and cheap choice of hotel other than Toyoko Inn.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple