“a good place to have a break for food and tea in the morning in Tokyo”

All Day Dining Jurin
Ranked #75 of 10,532 Restaurants in Shinjuku
Price range: US$9 - US$27
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Romantic
Neighbourhood: Shinjuku
Reviewed 8 April 2018

This was the first time that we were at Shinjuku station on Sunday morning at 7 a.m. from Haneda airport. We were starving and tired and need a place to sit down and have food and a cup of tea. Unfortunately, no coffee shop opened in the morning on Sunday. However, I know Shinjuku station very well after many years in the past in Japan. we found a little shop where we can have Onigiri (rice with seaweed and salmon inside, or umeboshi inside etc. We enjoyed our food and miso soup. It was fun to choose what we would like to have and a cup of tasty "miso soup. After that we still need a place to have a cup of tea or coffee and take a rest after putting our back packs in the lockers.Then, we walked to Keio Plaza Hotel which is on the west exit, it takes 5 minutes more to walk to Keio Plaza. We felt so relieved and wen to All Day Dinning Jurin. It's too bad we had our onigiri already so we only ordered oatmeal with berries and a cup of tea and coffee. At this Jurin one can have western style buffet for 3,000 yen all you can eat. Next time we will definitely go there if it is on Sunday morning!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is in the Keio Plaza Hotel, is open most of the day, but serves a good western style buffet breakfast for those who want a break from Japanese cuisine. The staff are good, speak good English and the restaurant is impeccable

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The main area in Shinjuku is usually very crowded, so we sometimes go to this resto when we don't want to queue up to have a bit of a special day!

Located in Shinjuku Keio Plaza Hotel so the price range is a bit high, but they offer great dishes. It has windows all on one side of the restaurant so the space is bright and welcoming. Unlike the sophisticated cafe lounges in the hotel, it is a casual dining so it has a more lively atmosphere.

We ordered spaghetti bolognese and a mushroom and beef pilaf, with seasonal
virgin cocktails.

My friend loves simple bolognese without herbs or pepper or anything else that makes the taste sophisticated. This resto's bolonese sauce passed her inspection :) Probably that makes it kid-friendly taste too! One thing- they offered too much sauce and it was sad to let it go to waste. (sauce comes separately in a pot)

Mushroom and beef pilaf was very nice too. I added a bit of salt since I like strong tastes. Diced beef filets were very tender and no fat at all! It is quite filling too with the meat!

Hot chocolate here is very nice too. Some places serve watery hot chocolate, but here you know they use milk! Rich but not too thick taste :)

Reviewed 25 March 2018

The break fast food though is limited. Inspite of this, the service is impeccable, the food seems fresh and the coffee is great.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

I stayed at this hotel for several days, however most days ate elsewhere as it was very expensive to eat here. However I did relent and go down for dinner once - I ordered from the menu the Pilaf - it was absolutely delicious.

Another time, I went down for breakfast and ordered an omelette. It was around $25 AUD - and that is all I got on the plate - an omelette. Most places will give you a piece of toast, or other minor side things, but not here - so what you order is exactly what you get. I did not feel there was value in this at all - very expensive for a couple of beaten eggs. Nothing wrong with the taste or presentation of it though.

The pricing on the menu at this restaurant which has all day dining, is very expensive. So be aware of this if you decide to eat here. The service was excellent and the staff very cheerful . If you show your room card at the time of ordering, you are given a percentage off the price.