“Ok,but...”

Ice Monster Omotesando
Ranked #9 of 200 Dessert in Shibuya
Price range: US$9 - US$18
Neighbourhood: Shibuya, Harajuku, Ebisu
Description: Originated in Taiwan. This is the best shaved ice shop in the world, which was chosen as one of the "World's Best Sweets Top Ten". Utilizing the taste of Mango and Tea just as they are, their shaved ice is made out of silky and finely-shaved ice. It has very new texture in your mouth that you cannot forget after having it once. You have to stand in line in summer.
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Food was excellent, but... staff said that we must order something more per person, because order cannot be shared. Didn't realize that we cannot eat one portion of ice cream by two of us...

Date of visit: March 2018
表参道店 I, マネージャー at Ice Monster Omotesando, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear Katarzyna,
Thank you for visiting us.
Sorry our order policy was not made clear.
One order per person can be a drink and shaved ice can be shared.
We apologize for the miscommunication.
We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

First the good: the ice monster pudding itself is spectacular. It's expensive granted, but I can't pretend it didn't leave wanting to come back for more.

Now the bad - each traveller has to order an item. The most sensible thing to do is order a pudding and drink then share, but this policy seems a little counterproductive to me. Maybe it's a space thing, and they want to discourage people from filling seats unnecessarily. There was certainly a big queue while I was there.

Overall I'd say this place is worth a visit, the shaved ice is easily the best I've ever had.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank andrscot

Dear Anderscot

Thank you for visiting us.
We are happy that you enjoyed our shaved ice.

We hope to continue to serve the best shaved ice in the world.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

I went on a very hot day and I had to wait almost 30 min before being able to enter.
I already went to Ice Monster in Taiwan and I wanted to try their restaurant in Tokyo.

I took the "Mango Kakigori" (shaved ice) and it was exactly the same taste as in Taiwan (the best "Kakigori" I had in Japan or Taiwan).

It is like eating really thin snow, it is completely different from the normal "Kakigori".

For people who are in Tokyo on a hot day and don't mind wait a little.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

This dessert is delicious. The shaved ice is smooth, slight creamy and light. At ¥990, the portion is big and certainly good enough for 2 people. The most popular items on the menu are mostly priced at ¥990~ .
Shop is very popular. It has a ground level for standing customers and a first floor level for sit-down. There is a seat down area on the first level.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank seoktingc
Reviewed 7 July 2017

Tried this place on a hot day with the kids and we weren't disappointed. Best recommendation is to share one between two people - they are huge serves. Not an everyday dessert, but certainly a fun and tasty one.

Date of visit: July 2017