For access to Ginza, I'd recommend The Peninsula.
For access to Shibuya, I'd recommend the Cerulean Tower Tokyu or the Excel Tokyu.
For Shinjuku, the Century Southern Tower is my new favorite. It's also a pretty good value choice, for a visitor that optimizes for high-rise views and easy access to everything.
+ Fantastic views, especially if you book a room facing Takashimaya and Shinjuku Gyoen
+ Relatively new construction, about 15 years old, and holding up well
+ Infinite number of shops and restaurants within easy reach. Tokyu Hands, Uniqlo, and a large number of restaurants right over in Takashimaya Times Square as well.
+ Direct transportation to all other areas of Tokyo. For my particular visit, it was a single shot event to Tokyo Motor Show in Odaiba, as well as an event in Roppongi via the Oedo line subway.
- It's not a full-service hotel, so there's no bell service for example. Perfectly fine for a lightly packed single traveler.
Pro-tip 1: If arriving on the Narita Express trains, be sure to come out the Southern Terrace exit. The hotel is closer to the platform than the connected subway station, even.
Pro-tip 2: There's a convenience store (1) on the ground level of the office tower, and (2) a 24-hour one out the back door. The in-hotel convenience store is also reasonably priced and well-stocked.
Pro-tip 3: If going to Roppongi, Azabu Juban, and Tsukiji, the Oedo line has a secondary entrance right outside the back door.
Pro-tip 4: For accessing the JR Yamanote Line, heading towards Harajuku and Shibuya, walking over to the Yoyogi station is probably faster than going into Shinjuku station.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hotel Century Southern Tower, Shinjuku Tokyo Convenient Access Just 3 minute walk from the South exit of SHINJUKU Station. Trains, subways, and Narita Express Train are all located within 3 minutes. Take the glass elevator from the 1st floor foyer or 2nd floor Southern Terrace entrances up to the main lobby on the 20th floor, where we will introduce you to our selection of comfortable guest rooms. This Tokyo business hotel occupies the 19th through 35th floors. Main Lobby and reception desk are on the 20th floor. 375 guests rooms are located from the 22nd to 35th floor and offer spectacular views of the city. We have no the Porter and Room Services. However we provide self-service luggage carts instead of the bell service or porters, vending machines on each floor and a lobby shop instead of Room Service, and also compact refrigerators in each room that guests can stock with items of their choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Century Southern Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Century Southern Tower Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan