“More pass time than shopping”
Review of Shibuya 109

Shibuya 109
Ranked #32 of 254 things to do in Shibuya
More attraction details
Owner description: This shopping mall near the Shibuya Scramble is the best place to go for unique and girly Japanese fashion. Shoes, clothes, costumes, beauty products, accessories, and food are all on offer.
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

We spent some time here with a Japanese friend who said it is the nr 1 place among Japanese teen girls. It has lots of tiny shops with colourful clothes aimed exactly at that market segment. We ended up in a place where the girls had fun in a photo booth with editing options. The 'shop' reminded us more of Disney than anything else, but they had good fun.

Date of experience: August 2018
"mens"
"makeup"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 31 July 2018

When I visited Tokyo, I knew I had to go to Shibuya 109. I'm a 25 year old woman, so the fashion was right up my alley.

To be honest, it's a bit overwhelming with all of the stores and people around. But, my shopping experience made up for any of that. The women in the shops were SO SWEET! They suggested clothes to me, held my things while I was in the dressing room and just treated me with care.

There are a lot of options, so no matter your style, you'll find something. I didn't have an experience with items being way too small for me. I'm from the US around a size 4 - 6 (i'm not necessarily small at all, but some people might consider me so) and some of the clothes were even too large. I bought shoes, tops and bottoms that all fit no problem. The accessories and bags are also really cute and stylish. I can't wait to go back and just spend an entire afternoon there!

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank Shannon C
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

This shopping mall is super cute. Reasonable priced with unique clothes. All small shops . The clothes ranged from cute to goth. Accessories available. Food on top level. Sadly Japanese sizes run small. Skinny teenage girls would love this place. If you are a parent on a business trip and your daughter asked you to bring back a cute Japanese outfit or clothes - I would go here to find it. I had a great time looking at bags and shoes.

Easy access and close to Shibuya crossing

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 22 July 2018

We spent an hour or so here on the first day in Shibuya. It was raining quite heavily so this was a good way to check out the fashions, and staying dry at the same time. I liked how there are free plastic bags to keep your umbrella from dripping on the floor while shopping.

Date of experience: May 2018