“Best Hamburger in Tokyo”
Review of BLACOWS

BLACOWS
Ranked #27 of 9,040 Restaurants in Shibuya
Price range: US$9 - US$18
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Shibuya, Harajuku, Ebisu
Reviewed 12 April 2016

My husband loves hamburgers, so we enjoy checking out new burger spots when we travel. Hungry after viewing cherry blossoms along the Megru River, we walked up the hill to Blacows to enjoy a great hamburger. The restaurant warmly welcomed tourists with a detailed English menu offering a variety of burgers and toppings. Several appetizers and beverages were also available. When our sandwiches arrived, the buns were soft with a firm crust. The lettuce and tomato were freshly cut, no prepackage ingredients here. The meat was high quality Wagyu beef properly cooked. The house relish is listed as a tartar sauce on the bun with BBQ on the meat. We found it perfectly moistened the meat and not over powering. It really is a knife and fork meal. Excellent. We'll be back!

1  Thank bjfast

Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

Lovely burgers albeit quite expensive and slightly too much overpowering dark sauce on the burger - took away from the lovely avocado signature.

1  Thank NesslouTravels
Reviewed 18 March 2016

But its a damn good one!!! It was not easy for us to find this spot. For the location challenged like myself you take the H line on the metro to the 02 stop and than walk straight up the road in front of the police office at the station. Our family of five dined here one night and nothing was left on any plate. Burger -- outstanding Fries -- crisp Gelato -- Very good. This is more than a burger, its a high quality meal at a very reasonable price. Enjoy!

1  Thank HENssl
Reviewed 10 March 2016

Came here for lunch and enjoyed an awesome burger to fulfill my American craving for back home familiarity. The restaurant space is great whether you're dining alone or with a group. I decided on a less traditional burger - the bacon and egg burger. Because being in Japan, I thought ordering the burger alone wouldn't be enough so I added the "set" option that is a side salad and drink, AND a side of lettuce & grilled onions (well, because the waiter said it didn't come with the burger I chose). Honestly, the burgers and fries were more than enough, and I was hungry too!

Of course you must know by now that the burgers here are made with 100% Kuroge Wagyu beef that is hand carved and hand ground in-house. I would rate the size of the burger a large. The waiter instructed me to enjoy the burger with a fork & knife, or use a wax paper wrapper provided table side. The burger came with a small side of steak fries but hey, who comes to a serious burger joint for fries anyways.

Nice up tempo music playing makes me wanna dance the happy dance with the burger in my hands. Give this place a visit.

1  Thank ikodikomi
Reviewed 27 February 2016 via mobile

Got their specialty big blacows burger and was not disappointed. Would be given the 5 stars if the patties weren't on the well done side.