Sakura Hotel Hatagaya
  • Fitness centre
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsbudget hotelhour cafeprayer roomfamily marthalal foodtoast and jamkeio linesubway stationprivate bathroomcorner double roomquiet areafluent englishpost officerooms are smallconvenience storenice place to stayfree wifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our room was very small, but comfortable enough. Everything was compact and useful. The breakfast is a bit limited (only white breads and coffee/tea), with some broth, but for the price of the stay, not too bad. The staff spoke good English and was very friendly.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor, facing the courtyard but still had a nice view. The hotel is pretty quiet.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
サクラホテル幡ヶ谷, マネージャー at Sakura Hotel Hatagaya, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for writing a review.
Its nice to hear about us being friendly.
We can not do anything about the size of room but we can give you a great service with smile.
We are trying to improve the menu for breakfast each day.
Hopefully you will consider staying with us again in the future.
Thank you very much!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A very short walk from the Hatagaya train station. Breakfast is VERY basic. If you want anything other than toast, you’ll have to order from another menu which costs more. I think our breakfast was included in the price so we weren’t too bothered about eating just bread/toast each morning. Plenty of tea and coffee available 24/7. Rooms are very small but that is common in Japan from our understanding. Bed was quite firm and possibly too hard for some. Staff were lovely!! Free wifi. We would stay again if we were to come back.

Room Tip: We left our window open through the day as the rooms could be a bit warm through the afternoon otherwise.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for writing a review.
We are trying to improve our breakfast menu each day.
We can not do anything about the size of room but we can do something about the mattress and we'll do our best for improvements for your next stay.
We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

This is the fourth year I have used this hotel while travelling with my son on a Ski Trip. I see no reason to change. Friends told me about it and I have used both the singe and double rooms, the lower floor rooms facing the adjacent building can be a little dark but they are also good for sleeping.

Room Tip: Lower Rooms that face neighboring building can be a little dark.
Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
サクラホテル幡ヶ谷, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Sakura Hotel Hatagaya, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Thank you for a nice review and choosing to stay with us again.
I hope you had fun skiing.
It was a pleasure serving you and hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Breakfast did not qualify as "continental" even. Just toast, rolls, french bread and coffee. The coffee quality was very good however, and maid service excellent. Clean room and sheets daily, and when the maid noticed our comforter was worn she replaced it with a new one. We appreciated that. Staff was friendly also.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and giving a nice review.
We are trying to improve our breakfast menu and othersfor the future.
Hopefully you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

It was my first trip to Tokyo and I was researching for budget hotels which served Halal meals and came across Sakura Hotel Hatagaya. I decided to choose them and was not disappointed. It is located in a quiet neighbourhood near Hatagaya station so it was very convenient for me to head out to Shinjuku. In front of the hotel is a convenience store which I frequent during my stay there. The room and toilet were small but good enough for someone on a solo trip and need a place to crash after sightseeing. The bed is comfortable enough for me to sleep in. You can borrow an electric kettle and iron from the reception. The only heads up I wish I had was to turn on the heater once I entered the room. It was winter when I was staying there. I was under the impression that the heater was on by default (centralised heater) as my room was quite warm when I first entered it during the afternoon. But it turned out that the heat came from the sunlight shining into my room which was located at the corner. It got really cold in the middle of the night and I tried "adjusting" the heater but it didn't work. I later realised on the 2nd night that I had to turn on the heater (the light on the thermostat had to be on) and was able to sleep comfortably. The Halal food was ok but I wish there was more variety. Other than that I actually enjoyed my stay and considered it my "home" while I was in Tokyo. I would definitely return again to this hotel when I'm visiting Tokyo.

Room Tip: If you are staying during winter, please turn on the heater first or you will have a chilly night
Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank naufalnoor
サクラホテル幡ヶ谷, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Sakura Hotel Hatagaya, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Thank you for staying at our hotel and giving us a nice review.
We are trying to learn more about Muslim and Halal meal every day.
Hopefully we can serve more variety for your next visit and others.
Again, thank you and hope to see you again.