All reviews great location rooms are small few minutes large supermarket would stay here again local restaurants across the road solo traveller subway line yen den exit lift kfc neighborhood english
Reviewed 14 October 2017

This hotel was great value for the price paid. While the rooms are small (typical for Tokyo) The hotel was nice and clean and in a great location nice and close to the train station. I would recommend staying here!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
hotel_the_b, マネージャー at the b tokyo sangenjaya, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Shadowshadi,

Thank you for taking the time to share the feedback regarding your recent stay at the b tokyo sangenjaya.
The entire team is pleased to learn about your experience with us.
We have to agree that our hotel is conveniently located in lively sangenjaya area with many restaurants and shops.
It is only 5 minutes to Shibuya by train, and only 2 minutes’ walk to the nearest station from the hotel.
This location allows easy access to not only tokyo area but also yokohama area.
The compliment on cleanliness is also appreciated.
We continually perform our best to make each stay comfortable and enjoyable, encouraged by your feedback.
We thank you again, for your stay and the valued feedback.
We all look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

the b tokyo sangenjaya

Reviewed 8 July 2017

Hotels in Tokyo can be expensive, and not really worth the price, but this hotel is a real find: I paid under $90 USD. The hotel is an old suburb, but close to the city. One of my friends, a native of Tokyo, described the neighborhood as "old Tokyo." I found it delightful. The hotel is clean and well run, and the air conditioners are great. Some of the staff struggle with English, but that can be overcome easily. Around the hotel are many reasonably-priced restaurants as well as a good bakery, a wonderful coffee shop, and a good charcuterie. I recommend it highly.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank LeFrondeur
hotel_the_b, 支配人 at the b tokyo sangenjaya, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Dear LeFrondeur,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share the feedback regarding your recent stay at the b tokyo sangenjaya.
The entire team is delighted to read your generous comment.
We have to agree that our location is close to sangenjaya station which is 5 minutes distance by train from Shibuya.
This area is more local residential, and lively in the daytime but quiet at night. Many local restaurants on side streets attracts many visitors.
“I recommend it highly” is truly appreciated.
We continually perform our best to ensure comfortable hotel stay for each and every hotel guest.
Thank you again for your stay and the valued feedback.
We all look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

the b tokyo sangenjaya

Reviewed 18 April 2017

The staff was courteous and they made it a point to have someone who can speak English to attend to your needs. Unlimited Free coffee!!! Room was small but it looks and smells clean; comfort room was a bit small for my size but as the day passed by, I was able to work my way around it. The location is accessible to restaurants, pharmacy, supermarkets and subway. I recommend this place for 1st time visitor.

Room Tip: We stayed at the 10th floor which was more quiet
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
hotel_the_b, マネージャー at the b tokyo sangenjaya, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2017

Dear Benson T,

Thank you for staying with us at the b sangenjaya and taking the time to share the feedback.
I am delighted to read your generous comment regarding your recent stay with us.
The compliment on staff is truly appreciated, and I shared it with entire team. Each member is serious about guests satisfaction and try their best to make hotel stay enjoyable, then such comment is great rewarding and strong motivation for their future performance.
The coffee you mentioned is complimentary service we offer and our guests enjoy every-time freshly brewed coffee available 24 hours.
I am pleased you enjoyed it.
As you mentioned rooms might be compact for overseas standard. However they are well-designed between functionality and comfort. I am grateful you found your room comfortable, clean and cozy.
In addition to regular amenity in room, we also offer some rental items at front desk such as mobile charger, adaptor plug, hair iron and so on for even more comfortable stay.
Sangenjaya is popular among locals especially for the place to live because of close location to Shibuya and lively neighborhood, and then this location offers a lot of benefit to travelers as well.
It is within 10 minutes travel to Shibuya area from our hotel. Owing to city residential location, there are many shops including supermarkets, and it turns calm and quiet at night for good night sleep.

Once again, I thank you for your stay on this occasion and for providing the valued feedback.
We continually strive to perform our best to ensure comfortable stay and please many more guests.
Thus we all look forward to seeing and welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 December 2016

I chose this hotel with air and hotel package deal. I was so happy that I chose this hotel.

Pro:
1. Location: Super close to the Metro Sangenjyaya Station (Tokyu Den En Toshi Line)
2. Location: It is on the street where a lot of business, such as many restaurants, a convenience store, a drug store, etc that are open late so when you come back late, the street is very well lit and many people are walking, taxis running. I did not feel unsafe walking around 10:00 pm.
3. Location: Convenience store on the first floor.
4. Location: Close to Shibuya
5. Room - heated toilet seat (this was so nice!), carefully but well thought amenities - an electric kettle and herb tea bags, cups, fridge, shoe brush, TV (you need to purchase a prepaid card to operate), Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash, Hand wash soap, toothbrushes and toothpaste, hair brushes, razors, a hair dryer, (I was in a twin room), bath towels and hand towels, wash cloth/sponge, one time use slippers, robes, hangers.
6. Super clean and comfortable beds.
7. Light blocking roll down curtain.
8. Check out is 11:00 am - this was really nice.
9. Very thoughtful check in staff - I was early to check in so I was working at the lobby and they got a room for me. Was able to rest before I went out again. Also for ladies, they gave us some special packets of relaxation heat pads and others.
10. Free Wifi with password in the very back page of information folder in a drawer of the room.

Con:
1. Internet could get slow when there are many users in the hotel. Each floor has designated portal to choose from, and when it does not work, simply call the front desk to reset. It worked good for me.
2. I was in a smallest room. There is no space for a big luggage to open.
3. There were only 2 plug in that I found in a room.

For more information:
Check the web site of the hotel.
Check in - 3 pm
Check out - 11 am
You can earn their points, and receive some kind of gifts. - I did not join since I do not live in Japan. There are other "the b" hotels in Japan.

Direction: From Sangenjyaya station, take exit 1a and go right onto Chazawa Dori. it is a couple of minutes and on your right above a convenience store,

It is a small boutique type hotel and I slept well, I worked well in the room. I would go back and stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank kickboxmama
hotel_the_b, マネージャー at the b tokyo sangenjaya, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2016

Dear kickboxmama,

Thank you for staying with us at the b sangenjaya and sharing your feedback.
I am delighted to read your generous comment of your stay, especially “I was so happy that I chose this hotel”, and “I would go back and stay there again” is truly appreciated.
I equally appreciate you detailed location and our service.

Sangenjaya area is not much well-known yet among visitors from overseas but it is very popular among locals.
This area offers many local dinning dotted even in back allays, then I believe this neighborhood is similarly enjoyable for visitors from overseas.
There is a convenience store in downstairs of building and a glossary store in front of our hotel, then it is also convenient for shopping.
One of famous area in Tokyo, Shibuya is easily accessible by train with 5 minutes.
In addition to basic amenities we offered, we also have some items to lend at front desk including mobile charger and multi plug outlet.
Regular TV channels are available at no charge. Purchase of a prepaid card is required for VOD.

I am sorry for the inconvenience of Wi-Fi speed. Although we offer some access points, they go slow when users increase.
As you mentioned, please feel free to reach front desk if you found the speed inconvenient and we will gladly fix it as early as possible.
Size of rooms is from 10 to 24 square meters and I understand they are compact especially for overseas standard.
If you directly contact us at your reservation, we will gladly offer the best one for your stay subject to availability.
We all strive to make any hotel stay comfortable and enjoyable with other service aspects, trying to be able to even compensate the down side of room size.
As a part, we offer complimentary one time use skincare set for ladies guests, and heat pads during Christmas and around new year.
I will be more than happy if you feel warm even a little when you go out under wintry cold weather.
I appreciate your those candid comments including the number of outlet as we can learn where to work on for future improvements.

Once again, I very appreciate you stayed with us on this occasion and took the time to provide this valuable feedback.
We continually strive to be pleasant hotel that guests feel so happy like you, and thus we all look forward to seeing and welcoming you again in the future.

With much appreciation,

Reviewed 30 October 2016

Had the pleasure of staying at the b sangenjaya for 7 days. This is a great hotel situated 2 stops from the lights of Shibuya and located close to all shopping, coffee spots and the Carrot Building. The rooms are small but this did not seem to bother us as they were clean, comfortable and haven after a days sight seeing. The beds are especially comfortable.

The staff are very friendly and welcoming and nothing is a bother. We didn't have the breakfast at the hotel because there were some excellent spots situated near the hotel. We were also impressed with the laundry services situated on the property and the efficiency of the housekeeping team.

We would like to thank the hotel for 7 excellent and comfortable days and strongly recommend the property to everyone. We will return!

Room Tip: Book a higher level room - good views of the city.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
hotel_the_b, マネージャー at the b tokyo sangenjaya, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Dear BusinessClass3,

Thank you for staying with us at the b akasaka and sharing your feedback.
I am delighted to read your generous comment of your stay, and shared it to all of members!
It is our great pleasure if we learn guests enjoy and satisfy their stay, and we are most happy if guests have feelings that they want to come back like you!

Sangenjaya area is very popular for locals as it is close to Shibuya and there are many dining and cafes in alleys, as you mentioned.
I am glad to learn you found your favorite spots for breakfast.
And we are located within 2 minutes walking distance to nearest station, so it is convenient to access transportation and get around Tokyo.
I personally have strong confident on this location for the convenience and travelers from overseas can also enjoy this local atmosphere, not only for touristic attractions.
The laundry room opens 24hours and it is conveniently available without purchasing laundry detergent at retail stores.

I once again thank you for choosing to stay with us for 7 nights and providing such kind comment.
We all continually strive to provide “comfortable and haven” stay, and look forward to seeing and welcoming you again!

With much appreciation,