See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

The hotel is located near Ekoda Stn, approximately 5 mins walk. Its situated in a lovely and quiet neighbourhood. Convenient stores and food stalls are within foot reach, some are open 24hours so you can get anything you need at anytime. The room is standard size which is a very common knowledge to everyone that japan rooms are really small compared to the rest. I stayed in a smoking room on the first level, room is very neat and bed is comftable enough for my 5 days stay. It has a kitchenette and the heater is just fine. The staffs were nice and polite. :)

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
フレックステイ江古田, マネージャー at Flexstay Inn Ekoda, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Flexstay Inn Ekoda , and we very much appreciate your detailed review of our hotel. There is a mini kitchen in every room at our hotel and also we can borrow the cookware without charge.For the price,we will do our best for your satisfaction.Thank you for providing comments on your recent stay at Flexstay Inn Ekoda.

Reviewed 19 December 2015

Stayed here for the first 2 weeks of December while on a university trip from Melbourne. Was unsure of the hotel before arrival as it didn't have daily room servicing, or a restaurant. But, upon checking in, everything was really, really good! Not all of the reception staff spoke good English, but this didn't cause much of an issue as they were all eager to help with whatever I needed. I had a standard single room, and while basic, was quite good. Bathrooms, while small, had amazing shower pressure, and the water was decently hot. The area is general is amazing. 2 closest stations are Ekoda (on the Seibu Ikebukuro line), and Shin-Egota station (Toei Oedo line). There are so many shops and places to eat around Ekoda, and they all do consistently good food. The Korean BBQ near Ekoda station is a particular favourite! It is so easy to get everywhere, and it is quiet! It is a fantastic base to have while in Tokyo if you are on a budget, or even if you just want something central, yet out of it all at the same time. Highly recommend.

Room tip: Lower floors have problems with reception, and make sure the fridge is turned on INSIDE!
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
フレックステイ江古田, Reception at Flexstay Inn Ekoda, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2016

Thank you for using Flexstay Inn Ekoda.
And also appreciate for your nice information.
Our hotel located near to the station.Ekoda is a nice place.There is a lot of shops, restaurant and café. It also close from Ikebukuro station which is the one of the big terminal of Japan.
You can enjoy cooking in your room at our hotel.We can rent the cookware for free.
Also we can rent iron, air cleaner, trouser press and the lamp for free.
We looking forward to see you next time.
Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 13 October 2015

This is my third trip to Japan. Unlike the busy streets of Tokyo, Ekoda is a quite and wonderful place with all the facilities near by like conveniance stores, restaurents and approachable metro station.
Hotel is a great value for money, clean and has all the items that are necessarry to Stay comfortably. Facilities includes wifi, small kitchen (microwave, cookware, etc), Laundary (paid with minimal charges), etc. Staff speaks English, thus, communication is not a Problem.
This is a good option for stay in Tokyo and is recommended.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
フレックステイ江古田, Reception at Flexstay Inn Ekoda, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2015

Thank you for choosing Flexstay Inn Ekoda and nice information for our hotel.
Our hotel close from station as you said.Ekoda is a nice place.There is a lot of restaurant ,café and the shops.Ekoda also near from Ikebukuro terminal.So you can enjoy shopping.
Our staff are also very helpful.If you need the directions they will tell to you.
We appreciate for staying with us.We hope to see you again

Reviewed 4 October 2015

I walked from the train station to the hotel.
The room was small but very adequate with a double bed.
There was free wifi but no coffee.
FYI, the bathroom requires stepping up into the room.
The staff at the desk were very helpful and, of course, friendly.
My room was extremely quiet even tho the hall was not carpeted.

Room tip: No rooms have views as I recall. The building in between two others in the middle of the block.
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
フレックステイ江古田, Reception at Flexstay Inn Ekoda, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2015

Thank you for choosing Flexstay Inn Ekoda and nice information for our hotel.
We appreciate for staying with us.We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 28 January 2015 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights on my first trip to Tokyo. I chose the Flexstay Inn because it was in a convenient location, and because the price was good.

In review of my time there, I believe I chose well. While the location isn't on a JR line, so pass holders will have to pay to take a quick ride to/from Ikebukuro, it was very convenient for getting around. The area wasn't overwhelming for a first time visitor, but also allowed you to quickly and easily get to the nearby city centers. On my last night in Tokyo, I was booked in a capsule in Shinjuku. While the location in Shinjuku was excellent, as well as the capsule, I couldn't help but appreciate the ease of introduction to Tokyo I had with the Flexstay Inn Ekoda.

If I have to find a negative, it would've been that my room was freezing when I first entered. Aside from the wall mounted air conditioner/heater, there is no other form of heating. Not really an issue, but more of a description of budget lodgings in Japan.

If you are just starting out in Tokyo and want to get your bearings, the Flexstay Inn Ekoda would be an option worth considering.

Date of stay: January 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
フレックステイ江古田, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Flexstay Inn Ekoda, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2015

Thank you for choosing Flexstay Inn Ekoda.
It is just as you mentioned, 3 different train stations are located within walking distance from us; it is quite convenient to reach Ikebukuro, Shinjuku and Shibuya, as big town. However, it is reasonably priced as you said.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the future, if the opportunity arises.
Again, thank you for taking the time to respond despite your busy schedules.