See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 October 2015

I walked from the train station to the hotel.
The room was small but very adequate with a double bed.
There was free wifi but no coffee.
FYI, the bathroom requires stepping up into the room.
The staff at the desk were very helpful and, of course, friendly.
My room was extremely quiet even tho the hall was not carpeted.

Room Tip: No rooms have views as I recall. The building in between two others in the middle of the block.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
フレックステイ江古田, Reception at Flexstay Inn Ekoda, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2015

Thank you for choosing Flexstay Inn Ekoda and nice information for our hotel.
Our hotel close from station as you said.Ekoda is a nice place.There is a lot of restaurant ,café and the shops.Ekoda also near from Ikebukuro terminal.So you can enjoy shopping.
Our staff are also very helpful.If you need the directions they will tell to you.
We appreciate for staying with us.We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 28 January 2015 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights on my first trip to Tokyo. I chose the Flexstay Inn because it was in a convenient location, and because the price was good.

In review of my time there, I believe I chose well. While the location isn't on a JR line, so pass holders will have to pay to take a quick ride to/from Ikebukuro, it was very convenient for getting around. The area wasn't overwhelming for a first time visitor, but also allowed you to quickly and easily get to the nearby city centers. On my last night in Tokyo, I was booked in a capsule in Shinjuku. While the location in Shinjuku was excellent, as well as the capsule, I couldn't help but appreciate the ease of introduction to Tokyo I had with the Flexstay Inn Ekoda.

If I have to find a negative, it would've been that my room was freezing when I first entered. Aside from the wall mounted air conditioner/heater, there is no other form of heating. Not really an issue, but more of a description of budget lodgings in Japan.

If you are just starting out in Tokyo and want to get your bearings, the Flexstay Inn Ekoda would be an option worth considering.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
フレックステイ江古田, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Flexstay Inn Ekoda, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2015

Thank you for choosing Flexstay Inn Ekoda.
It is just as you mentioned, 3 different train stations are located within walking distance from us; it is quite convenient to reach Ikebukuro, Shinjuku and Shibuya, as big town. However, it is reasonably priced as you said.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the future, if the opportunity arises.

Reviewed 7 November 2014 via mobile

The Flexstay Inn is centrally located in the beautiful, small town suburb of Ekoda, Japan. It is very near the above-ground train that runs to Ikebukoro called "The Seibu Line" as well as the Oeido Subway line - exit 34 - which is called "Shin-Egota." (Watch for the different spellings!) this makes it very easy to get anywhere that you want to go in the greater Tokyo vicinity.

The rooms are small by Western standards, but are in actuality quite sufficient. There has been a recent remodel and update of the facility which has breathed a fresh life into the decor. It is clean and simple and very neat.

The helpers here are always willing to serve you no matter what hour you might arrive. They are professional and capable. Even though I speak very little Japanese, we always seem to communicate just fine.

If you are looking for a place that is centrally located and reasonable in price, the Flexstay Inn is for you.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
フレックステイ江古田, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Flexstay Inn Ekoda, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2015

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed in japan for a couple weeks and found lodgings here at the flex stay in Ekoda. Aside from the amazingly low prices, the hotel is located in what I felt was a great part of the city. Staying in one of the bigger cities would've had me feeling overwhelmed I imagine, but Ekoda was very peaceful and a great transitionary place while touring japan. Conveniently located about a 5 minute walk from the station with many convince stores right outside the front door I definitely recommend this place!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Blake D

Thank you for choosing Flexstay Inn Ekoda.
Your favorable comments, especially regarding our location will highly appreciate. Our property is located within 10 minutes by train as it is quite convenient for sightseeing.
Besides that, you can get direct access to Shinjuku in 15 minutes by subway from Shin-Egota station.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

In the past, we've often stayed in Ikebukuro, so I was looking for a place to stay that was convenient while also a little less busy. Ekoda is a nice little section of Tokyo just off the Yamanote line, that has everything you need without drowning you in the din.

FlexStay Ekoda perfectly suited our needs and was wonderfully convenient. The staff was excellent, giving us a friendly greeting and helping us get settled. Like many smaller hotels that don't cater heavily to tourists, English was limited, but the staff did their best and we were able to make all of our arrangements.

The hotel itself is a short walk to the train station and is a block away from a Bus Stop. There is a convenience store right next to the hotel and there is also a small grocery store a few blocks down. (which goes nicely with the "small apartment" feel of FlexStay facilities) They also have a laundry room and "lounge" area (which has both drink and food vending machines) in the lobby. The room size was "standard" for Japanese hotels. To an American it may no doubt seem small, but was fully in line with what I expect in Japan. (I don't think I've ever stayed in a hotel which would match most US hotel rooms in size, if you want to do so, be prepared to pay at LEAST 4-5 times the rate of FlexStay Ekoda) The room includes everything you need and even a few extras, and really helps you settle in an get comfortable. The only negative at all, is my wife found the bed and pillows a little too firm, but I had no issues.

Ekoda has several universities, so it has everything a college student might want at reasonable rates, from restaurants to bars to book stores and more, all while still maintaining a relaxed, "comfortable" feel. If you can sometimes get "overwhelmed" by the big city, Ekoda is a great place to settle down and relax between shopping trips and sightseeing. And the FlexStay Ekoda is the perfect place to stay in Ekoda.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing Flexstay Inn Ekoda.
We really appreciate your favorable comments.
Our property is located within 10 minutes by train from Ikebukuro, that is big town, and in quiet residential area.
We believe you had comfortable and significant stay with us.