3,506 results
All reviewsshiodome media towershimbashi stationartist roomfish marketmt fujiqueen roomhotel startswalking distanceminute walkginza districttower viewfrench restaurantabove groundfamily marttsukiji markethama rikyu gardenshigh rise
Reviewed 21 September 2010

The hotel belongs to the Design Hotel Group and offers excellent ambiente and perfect location for travellers in Tokyo. The rooms have standard equipment, are not as big as in european hotels of the same class but not too small either and offer simply a wonderful view to Tokyo Tower or the Hamarikyu Garden and the harbour. From Narita Airport you can reach the hotel fast and easy with one of the limousine busses and the hotel is directly connected to the Yurikamome-line and the Tokyo Metro and you can also reach the Yamanote line within a few minutes walk. This and the fact that it is also in walking distance to Ginza and other tourist attractions makes it an ideal starting point. There is even a small 24h convenience store right next to the subway entrance if you need late supplies.
The only thing that one could miss is a indoor pool. And last but not least: It stands rock-solid even during an earthquake.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank rudi11g
Reviewed 21 September 2010

We were here twice on July 2010. First 5 nights in very nice and clean room with wiew to the Tokyo Bay. But next week we came back for 2 nights and got tired noisy room facing to the Shimbashi busy railwaystation. Both rooms were in same floor 27th, so it can really make a difference what you got from the front desk. Both rooms had free good coffee and nice feather blanked bed. Slippers and ropes also. Cheap real Champagne in minibar, just 15 €/ bottle. Flat TV, all channels included. Aromatherapy shower set and full size bathroom.
Location is very good, skytrain Monorail has a station by the building 3rd floor. Few minutes to the Tokyo main and other direction you can enjoy even real beach in just 10 minutes drive over the bay.
Shimbashi station you can walk less than 10 minutes and catch all major lines from there.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scantravel
Reviewed 20 September 2010

OK, I will preface this review with the fact that it was my first time in Tokyo - so maybe my standards are higher based on experiences from other hotels in Asia.

That being said - there was truly nothing special about this hotel. It was OK at best. It just missed the mark in a lot of ways and a lot of little things could be changed that would make this hotel excellent.

Hotel staff was friendly and did speak English which was awesome... but didn't do anything extra special. Food at the hotel was crazy overpriced. Internet in the room was free but spotty... had to sit in a certain position for it to work properly. Entire room (and bathroom) needs some sprucing up... getting quite dated. There wasn't a plug for the hair dryer near the vanity so I had to blow dry my hair at the mini bar while my husband was showering (because we can't open the door while showering because a note in the bathroom that says the steam will set off alarm). My biggest complaint is that the air conditioner never got cold. We couldn't really sleep well because our room was too hot. Location was pretty good with coffee shops and bakeries nearby for breakfast if you didn't want to drop the yen for the hotel breakfast.

Like I said, maybe this is 5 stars for Tokyo - but based on my experiences, I will find another hotel until this one gets a makeover.

3  Thank OfficiallyForeign
Reviewed 13 September 2010

My husband and I felt that this hotel was perfect for our needs - exquisitely clean and centrally-located (literally, if you look at the map of the subway) by the Shimbashi subway station. Despite reviews to the contrary, the rooms were quite spacious, with efficiently used-space. Sure, don't expect to do cartwheels in the room. But on the nights when my husband and I felt the need to recooperate in our rooms after long days of travelling, this room had plenty of space, without us feeling like we were constantly in each other's space. The staff was gracious and always willing to help. And lastly - I would certainly use the airport limosine (actually a bus) if you are coming from/going to the airport...it'll drop you off right at the hotel. Overall, this hotel is highly recommended and was appropriately listed under luxury hotels (no joke, along with the Ritz!) in the Tokyo brochure!

1  Thank EdgeofExistence
Reviewed 8 September 2010

Excellent friendly staff, always welcoming and striving to help. Good, not huge, room with everything expected from a good quality 4* hotel, including free in-room internet (netbook or equiv needed). Very clean rooms & comfy bed. Plenty of restaurants nearby, ranging expensive to cheap Mcdonalds, and coffee shops, including Starbucks. Metro nearby, although their underground is initially quite confusing. 15 min walk to Ginza, a major shopping street with many Dept stores. View of Fuji on reception side of building, weather permitting, which it seemed is not that often. Plenty of no smoking rooms/floors, although smoking is still permitted in the bar area, which as non-smokers is our only negative consideration.
Happy to recommend this hotel and would gladly stay here again if we return to Tokyo.