“Most likely the best french restaurant in Tokyo”
Review of Pierre Gagnaire

Pierre Gagnaire
Ranked #25 of 12,933 Restaurants in Minato
Price range: US$51 - US$160
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shinbashi Shiodome, Odaiba
Description: The ANA InterContinental Tokyo is home to three Michelin starred Chef Pierre Gagnaire's highest restaurant in the world. Discover his award winning contemporary French cuisine in elegant surrounds with the stunning Tokyo metropolis and Tokyo Tower as a backdrop. Experience a unique culinary journey of passionate dedication to best quality produce and the creation of unprecedented tastes that reflect this world renowned chef's philosophy of using food to communicate and incite emotion. In 2015, after a poll of over 500 Michelin-starred chefs from around the world, he was named 'best chef' by France's authoritative 'Le Chef' magazine
Reviewed 9 April 2016

I have now been to PG quite a few times now and everytime it has been a delight. The location is quite central (in ANA hotel, akasaka/roppongi), the view is great and the room well apointed.

The real deal starts when the plates ar coming, every time it's a feast, i especially love their "cocktail de poche". It's tasty, creative and never too much. Please try the grand menu to have a full experience.

Last but not least, after a few times the staff always remembers what I like, a glass of Billecart Salmon champagne to start and a camomille tea to finish, that in my book is priceless.

Reviewed 13 February 2016

From the beginning till the end, from the service to the food, from the location to the scenery, everything was perfection. My daughter and I had a unique moment together at Pierre Gagnaire Tokyo. Now, we need to compare with Pierre Gagnaire Paris!

Reviewed 16 January 2016

Flawless dinner! Quite possibly the best meal i have ever had! Great team of staff in a great venue over looking Tokyo.

Reviewed 31 December 2015 via mobile

Came here to celebrate New Year's Eve with a quiet delicious dinner. I was not disappointed. The food was outstanding. The ingredients worked so well together. I enjoyed every single bite. The service was excellent as well and as I don't like wine, I asked if they had sake. They did not but were able to get me sake anyway from the bar next to the restaurant. My favorite was probably the Japanese beef. But everything was excellent. The views of the city are really nice as well.

Reviewed 10 December 2015

Our last night in Tokyo and we were fortunate to get a last minute booking at this restaurant.
A hiccup at the start when two staff at the adjoining Intercontinental bar refused to transfer our tab to the restaurant as we decamped. Same reception desk so this should not have been a problem, specially at their prices. Problem eventually resolved so we tackled the petite five course set menu. No wine paring offered but when I asked it was supplied, at a pretty reasonable rate of $75 pp for very good wines.
I won't go into each dish but suffice to say the food was excellent if not adventurous.
The bill came with 20% added for taxes and service which we had not experienced in other restaurants in Tokyo. It was also above what we expected - $660 for two