“Excellent”

Price range: US$90 - US$163
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Akasaka / Roppongi
Description: Established in 1987, named "XEX Club House" at that time, and known as the first "members only" venue in Japan, XEX quickly become one of the most popular spot in Tokyo, crowded not only with Japanese celebrities, but as well became a favoured destination of major Hollywood stars. Today, open for the public, restaurant Omae XEX is still attracting the Hi Life in Tokyo.
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Cool Teppanyaki place with excellent wines! Very good service as well. The staff speaks good english

atelier m, マネージャー at Atelier Morimoto XEX, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

We are so appreciate your comment.
We are so happy to hear that.
We will keep continue to serve more good food and service.
We are looking forward to see you again!

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Amazing teppenyaki cousine in a nice setting and fenomenal service. The service is top notch and food quality is fenomenal.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We visited Tokyo for the first time and wanted Teppanyaki. We ordered the multi course meal and wow.... every dish was an experience! The sauce for the vegetables in the hot pot was amazing, but the all time winner was the steak.... OMG! I thought I had tasted melt in your mouth steak, but I truly had no idea what quality steak was! It melts in your mouth! the lobster that was halved and still kind of alive was a bit freaky (we were with our kids and that didn't fly well with the young ones!). The garlic rice was surprisingly yummy and the chef was great in explaining all that he did (in English!) and it was a fun conversation and a learning experience. the raw shrimp was surprisingly good, and beautifully presented. Highly recommended!!!!

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Went on a Tuesday night and sat at the sushi bar around 6 pm (hotel got reservation which was important bc it filled up). Had the place to myself for the first hour which was great. Got the Morimoto tasting menu which was 6 or so courses with a good amount of sushi. Some of the best sushi that I've ever had and incredibly fresh. Would highly recommend.

Management response:Responded 23 July 2017

Thank you for you dine with us and we are so happy with your comments.
We will try to keep continue our qualities of foods and service.
We are looking forward to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 July 2017

This was my 1st trip to Tokyo and I wanted to try some Kobe beef; one of my colleagues recommended this teppanyaki and I am glad that I visited here instead of visiting a steak + seafood place as I got to eat my Kobe but also a lot more than that.

The meal starts off with shrimp tartare served with a few sauces and salt/pepper and sets the taste buds alight (not in a spicy way but in a tingling sensation). Next up is oyster foie gras and sea urchin - the combination tastes delicious. All of this gets washed down with crab miso. This is followed by a sauteed lobster which was picked up from their tanks just then and was still flapping - super fresh.

Then comes the mains - I chose Kobe beef which was grilled to perfection and served with garlic and onions on the side.

The final dish I opted for was garlic rice which was served with lobster soup (part of the same that was served earlier). The other options were sushi or noodles. The set menu doesn't come with any desserts and I skipped coffee; but I did have the Yamazaki 12 (which was sold out almost all over TKY).

The meal was quite pricey especially because I topped up with Kobe beef but worth once in a life-time experience (or more often for some luckier people).

Management response:Responded 23 July 2017

Thank you for you dine us and so lovely comments of us.
We are so happy to hear that!
We are looking forward to see you again soon!