“Okay Food”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shinagawa, Gotanda
Reviewed 31 March 2018

I would give the Tsubame Grill 3 stars for the food and 5 stars for the service. This is one of the few places we could find with reasonable prices for food and be able to have salad, entree and desert and not feel like we were being rushed to leave.

The service staff was great (as it is in most of Japan). However, the food was "ok". But it did give us time to have some drinks, talk among ourselves and relax a little.

If I were in Shinagawa, I would go back again.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

As others have commented, the restaurant has a nice atmosphere and decor. The service was horrible. My husband and I dined here on a Sunday night. We were greeted by a friendly hostess and seated right away. Our waiter took our order after what seemed like quite a while, and that was the last we saw of him. Our appetizer and salad were served very quickly, and within a minute our entrée was served, as was the bill. We hadn’t even started on our salad. We felt as though they wanted us to eat and leave. I ordered a glass of Cabernet and it was so smooth....one of the best I’ve had in a long time. I would have loved to order another glass, however that was clearly not an option. Not one person asked if our meal was ok or if we needed anything. We thought maybe it was near closing time, however, other people were seated after us, and were still there. As far as the food, the Cesar salad & Pate were delicious. The “signature” Hamburg Steak was simply hamburg with a few pieces of beef roast on top. Not that great. It was suppose to come with rice, however that wasn’t served with it. I think there are other places that are better. The restaurant is conveniently located to the train station, but there are a lot of other places to eat.

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Nice meal, nice ambiance, yet the food was okay but not spectacular. If you need a change from Japanese cuisine, it is well done, but the food is rich yet also slightly bland.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

This delicious Tsubame Hamburg lunch comes with a salad and either rice or bread. This hamburg is cooked in the aluminum foil with tender beef stew and a delicious beef patty cooked piping hot. Cost is very reasonable and never disappointing. Visit if you are near the Shinagawa Station.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

n this old restaurant you can eat the original hamburger steak.
The salad of a classic whole tomato is very delicious.
The main hamburger steak comes out wrapped in aluminum foil.
The inside is a special hamburger sauce made with beef stew.
The potato of association is also Hokuhoku and it is very tasty.