All reviews capsule experience capsule hotel your luggage reception area unique experience men and women metro station shower bath large bathroom charge your phone shopping mall slept really well main bathroom turn right huge shopping light sleeper locker key
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

We wanted to try the capsule or pod experience while in Japan and chose this hotel because it was one of the few that didn’t separate men and women by floor and allowed couples to share a pod. It’s also conveniently located a short walk from Kiba station.

The pod: a little tight for a couple but all the more reason to snuggle. It has a light, radio and tv (although we didn’t use either), an outlet to charge your devices, a small mirror and a little “ledge” to leave a few belongings. Pillows, blankets, pjs and slippers are provided. Wifi isn’t accessible in the pod, only in the lobby reception area.

Food/drinks: there’s a vending machine and few snacks for purchase at reception. Across the street (2 minute walk) there’s a shopping mall with restaurant selections. We ate dinner there.

Bathrooms: there’s a women’s only bathroom with toilets on floor 5, and men’s on floor 4. So depending you might need to take the elevator to use the washroom. They were clean, no complaints.

Showers: there’s a small shower and big shower area. Men and women always have access to a shower regardless of the time of day, but which room you have access to changes. I used the small shower area, it had a communal room with seats and mirrors for grooming and a shower section with a closed off glass door. There’s three showers in an open space. I’m not used to sharing communal showers so waited until it was empty to use, and two girls waited for me to finish before going in. I didn’t see or use the large shower area.

Atmosphere: the pods don’t have a door but rather a blind to give privacy so you actually hear a lot of noise in the hallway. If you’re a light sleeper be prepared not to get rest. People left as early as 6am and talked loudly getting ready. I think they forgot it’s a communal space.

I did it for the experience and would do it again, but don’t bank on a restful nights sleep.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank raykz
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here as I thought might as well do it while in japan. Stayed in a double one, It did have more than.enough space for 2 people to sleep. They do make you leave your bags in the reception area on shelves which is manned 24hrs. They also do you u a small locker for valuables.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

i want see tokyo and i want to see sakora in tokyo hoply
i love peple japan
i am from iran
30 years old and excitly to see tokyo but very expencive tokyo
and I hope I can afford my travel expenses.
tanx

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel to try out the capsule room for couples. When we got the capsule, it was extremely hot. When I asked the staff about the air in the pod they told me it did not work. I asked them what the nozzle in the pod was for and they told me air. I continued to tell them that there was no air coming out of it. We continued to talk in circles until she made it clear that there was no airflow at all. It was way too hot to try to stay in that pod without any airflow. The booking stated AC but there was not any at all. Be warned.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank BackPacker251363
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I booked this on the basis I wanted to try the pod/capsule Japanese style hotel. Check in is simple and you just leave your main luggage in the main reception, which doesn’t look that safe, but the reception is manned 24 hrs. You have a locker key to put valuables. You are given pyjamas and towels every day. The capsule I found small (of course that’s the point!) but it was very comfortable and you can charge your phone/ there’s a good light etc.
However: things I did find annoying.
There is a large and a small bathroom. He large bathroom has 6 showers (in a big open group) and the sauna / jacuzzi, plus all the toiletries you need including hair brush, hair products, face wash, toothbrush and toothpaste etc. Plus washer/dryer. But this bathroom is only available for women to use between 4am-10am. Men are then allowed to use from I think...3.30-3am. So in the day, you can’t use either bathroom so I found planning my day a bit annoying. They were always clean and tidy though.
WiFi- you can only have on the second floor, so no WiFi in bed which was also annoying for planning your day!
I also found it strange that on my floor (4th) one of the nights I was there must have been 24/32 capsules but only 8 people or so staying, so don’t put us close together?! Spread everyone out!
Having said that, apart from my jet lag, I slept really well.
I would recommend for the experience but it is overpriced for what it is and be hotel is very much in need of redecoration!
Other pluses: it’s 2/3 min walk from Kiba Station. 1 min walk away is a small plaza with shops and restaurants. There’s loads of stuff near by.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo