All reviews jr line haneda airport subway station budget price the hotel staff direct train hotel is located shower gel location is great coin laundry room key hotel room is big luggage min walk comfortable stay room service air con
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

My friend and I were traveling from NY with a layover in LAX and arrived to the hotel a day late because we miscalculated the time difference. However the hotel staff was very friendly and accommodated us despite our oversight.

We knew the room would be small, but were still surprised by how tiny it was. We were very much on top of each other. However, the room had everything we needed and more. They provided water, tea, kettle, clothing fresheners, slippers, hair ties, combs, razors, wash sponges, toothbrushes, and other toiletries. The room was clean and met all our needs and budget. The staff was very efficient about cleaning the room. We were super impressed when we stepped out for 10 min and returned to a freshly cleaned room. We did not have any negative experiences with smells, noises, staff, or neighbors.

Location was quite perfect with the train right across the street and several other train lines at a short walking distance. Also nearby was a 7-11, several restaurants and cafes, and even a laundromat (“coin laundry”) that we were happy to use. If you do laundry, I highly recommend you research detergents. 7-11 sold several travel-sized detergent options.

Lastly, Pronto Cafe downstairs was pretty decent, and we ate breakfast there several times during our stay.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Go811801, Clerk at APA Hotel Higashi Nihombashi Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2018

Thank you for your staying with us. We are very glad that you were happy during your staying. Around this area, there are station, restaurants and coin laundry .We're going to give more good service as soon as possible. Thank you for your great comment. We're looking forward to seeing you again. Clerk Sonoda

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Our Airbnb booking got cancelled at the last minute so we found this place out of desperation. It’s a 2-3 star level place so in theory you should be able to get this at that price, but we got stuck paying 3-4 star price instead due to timing.

Location wise the B4 exit at higashi Nihonbashi station is literally in front of the hotel. It’s only about 3 stations away from Asakusa, and a 30 odd minute walk to Akihabara. You can catch the trains easily to ether Narita at one end or Haneda Airport in the opposite direction along this line. If you have luggage, there’s a lift across the road diagonally to the right (exit B1), or further up the road to the right ( from the hotel front (can’t recall the exit number). Otherwise b4 is quite painful going up the stairs.

Food options - there is a Pronto cafe chain which we didn’t bother to check out but ppl seem to happily go there. There’s a nice old school bakery up the street which we get breakfast from (when it err actually opens). There’s also 7/11 and Yamakazi daily to get food and drinks from. There’s also a douter across the road to get coffee and also square cafe up the street (either direction) to get coffee made from a proper barista machine (sadly not great but probably as good as it gets for the area). There are also a few soba restaurants around and dominos but we couldn’t see any reviews and a lot of salary men go there so it might actually have been ok. We went for a 15 minute wander instead to get chain food like sukiya/yoshinoya etc.

Hotel - room is tiny. Bathroom is very cramped and stinks of wee if you don’t have ventilation or air con running. There’s wee stains on floor all around the toilet. Shower curtain has not been changed or washed for a while. It’s kinda clean ish. Towels get changed daily. Bed sheets don’t seem to get changed since my oh kept noticing blood stains on bed sheets and towels in his room. (We had to book 2 rooms for a family of 4). Carpet does not get vacuumed much since I always found our kids lego on the floor from previous days. The ceiling around the air con is full of dust. My one had full condensation on the vents and was dripping and would not open on day 1 so I had to ask to get it fixed. Hotel card kept locking out so I had to get mine reprogrammed quite a few times. Note there is a fridge but no safe. Free WiFi is included which was surprisingly fast if it worked. It dropped out a lot and complained our password was wrong every day. Carpet in room feels a tad sticky. Bedroom pjs I would give a miss.

There is apparently a microwave and ice machine on level 2. Went to look and could not find clear signage so gave up. Due to cleanliness I would not really use these facilities, or the kettle in the room. There is a laundry in the side street 2 streets to the right from the hotel Main Street (less than 5 mins walk) and it only takes about an hour to do a wash and dry so all basic necessities covered

So summary is it’s ok if u got this on budget but sucks if you got stuck paying a lot more last minute.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
アパホテル東日本橋駅前, 担当 at APA Hotel Higashi Nihombashi Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Thank you for your staying APA HOTEL〈HIGASHI-NIHOMBASHI-EKIMAE〉.
We are very glad that you were happy during your staying. We're going to give more good service as soon as possible. Thank you for your great comment. We're looking forward to seeing you again.
Clerk Miyazaki

Reviewed 29 July 2018

I stayed at this hotel in July 2018, got an awesome rate for 1 person with no breakfast on Expedia for $95 AUD a night for a double room.

Hotel is very new and located in a quieter part of Tokyo, but you effectively get three stations at your doorstep with this hotel: Higashi-Nihombashi, Bakurochō and Bakuroyokoyama. This may be a little confusing at first but these three stations are all linked underground with easy access to the hotel (once you work it out!). Higashi-Nihombashi is on the Asakusa metro line with direct access to Narita, Bakurochō is on the Shinjuku metro line so good access to Shinjuku station and Bakuroyokoyama station is on a JR line which I used to get from the Shinkansen train at Tokyo station to the hotel as well as going to Kamakura and Yokohama.

The benefits of having all these transport links negated the location being a little bit quieter in my opinion. Station exit A4 had a lift which is good for luggage and brings you up to an area behind the hotel. From memory Exit B4 was the one closest to the entrance to the hotel but only has stairs.

The hotel itself is very modern and clean, the room was small but I believe everyone looking at this hotel would already know that, the bathroom had all the usual amenities - toothbrush / toothpaste, comb, shower gel etc, PJ's and slippers. The room had a bar fridge, dehumidifier and A/C. The bed itself was comfortable but I did have to put the two pillows together as i found them too low otherwise. There was a TV in the room which had BBC world news, and there was free Wifi in the room which did need to re-connect a couple times to.

In the immediate area you have a 7/11 convenience store right outside the front entrance complete with ATM for getting cash out; as well as a supermarket located behind the hotel (you walk past it when you exit the train station at A4). There are a number of restaurants in the area which all looked good but I was always out and about in other parts of Tokyo so didn't try them there is a Doutor for coffee across the street and a Dominos pizza a couple doors down if you are so inclined.

I enjoy walking on my trips so I walked up to the Akihabara area from the hotel, it took me about 15 minutes. I also walked to Ameya Yokocho markets (about 25 minutes). Around the corner from the hotel on Asakusabashi there is a really good coffee place called "Bridge coffee" and it was the best coffee I had all trip, if you can find it, it is worth going to.

The staff at the hotel were all friendly and spoke English. The room was serviced pretty quickly when I was out, they had a sign for a green service you could stick on your door when you left. This meant they changed the towels and PJ's but would leave the sheets on your bed, if you did this they gave you a bottle of water to say thanks. I didn't mind this as I don't need my sheets changed every night, but interestingly they left the bed un-made, I assumed that they would still make the bed but leave the existing sheets on; wasn't a biggie but thought I would point that out if you went green with your room servicing.

One other little quirk I noticed; We had really hot weather when I was in Japan. The Front entrance/lobby of the hotel had A/C but the common areas immediately outside my hotel door seemingly did not, so they were noticeably warmer. Again not a biggie, but thought I would mention.

When I checked out, the front desk we're very helpful and looked after my luggage for the day. When I came back to the hotel I picked up my luggage and took it downstairs to Higashi-Nihombashi station and caught the train to Narita which takes just over an hour travel time. All very easy.

All in all, I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I think the price coupled with the location to Akihabara as well as the good transport links make it a good choice. The room is small and perhaps if I was travelling with someone else that might of been more of a factor, but for what you are paying I would stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Charlie_boi_NZ
アパホテル東日本橋駅前, clerk miyakawa at APA Hotel Higashi Nihombashi Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Thank you for your staying APA HOTEL〈HIGASHI-NIHOMBASHI-EKIMAE〉.
We are very glad that you were happy during your staying.
We're going to give more good service as soon as possible.
Thank you for your great comment.
We're looking forward to seeing you again.
Clerk Miyakawa

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Location is right in front of the subway station which is great.
Also a few subway stops from asakusa, and a bit more from other main attractions.
Staff like in most Japan doesn't speak English.
No onsen unlike in other apa hotels.
Room is pretty small, but you get used to it in Japan, and you're outside of your room anyway most of the time.
I would say it's a nice budget hotel, not the greatest for a long stay.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Idan R
アパホテル東日本橋駅前, フロント at APA Hotel Higashi Nihombashi Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

Thank you for you stayed with us.
We have 3 main station which are Higashi Nihombashi station (Toei Asakusa line), Bakuroyokoyama station (Toei Shinjuku line) and Bakurocho station (JR Sobu line).
Higashi Nihombashi staion is one of our main station. We have good location to go sightseeing around Tokyo and the Higashi Nihombashi station via Toei Asakusa line is very convinience to go to Narita and Haneda Airport.
We will try to improve the level of service to satisfy our customers. We certainly hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again.
Clark Maki

Reviewed 9 May 2018

Surprised that this hotel was only 2 min walk from the Subway great after a long trip. But if you arriving after 17.00 ad Narita Airport there is no direct Train to this location but if you arrive in the morning or early afternoon you have direct train connection to this Subway station from and to Narita Airport. Ticket you can buy in the Subway station. The Nr is (A15) location on the Subway.

Hotel give you all what you need even free wifi, but the rooms are compact so don't expect a big room than you need to book a room in Shangri-la what will cost you a fortune but you will have a big room. small rooms are very common in Japan.

Hotel staff, ver pleased with the service and there engeatment to make you stay enjoyable.
Rooms are clean and everything you need you have in the bathroom and excellent quality products are used. Bed very soft and a big TV.

Breakfast is normal nothing special but a good taste and friendly staff.

This hotel is located outside the city centre but give you a good access to other location by using the subway 2 walk distance from the Hotel.
You also finde a 711 and some restaurants on a walk distance from the Hotel.

One negative point you need to ask for your daily free water, we only had 1 per day or nothing. So room for improvement for the Hotel Staff.

Overall we had a pleasant time thank you for the great service.

Room tip: We had a room looking to the back side where you can see the Sky tower.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
アパホテル東日本橋駅前, フロントスタッフ at APA Hotel Higashi Nihombashi Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the APA HOTEL〈HIGASHI-NIHOMBASHI-EKIMAE〉and for your time to share your experience.What a great feedback we have received here, thank you so much for valuable comment.We certainly hope you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Japan.