2,239 results
All reviews mount fuji concierge team pizza bar bottega veneta park hyatt luxury hotel grand room floor to ceiling windows pillow menu four seasons amazing hotel mitsukoshi department store mitsukoshimae station chinese restaurant sushi restaurant reservations favorite hotel
Reviewed 16 June 2018

This is the best hotel ever. Everything after this will feel like a letdown. This hotel has it all: gorgeous decor, fabulous staff—all English speakers—excellent fitness room, incredible views of Tokyo and Mt. Fuji, great food, quiet, wonderful (fast) room service. If you have the opportunity to stay here, don't hesitate. We particularly loved the coffee and pastries in their ground floor shop. We asked the concierge to help us book train tickets for the rest of our stay in Japan and he did so with utmost care, giving us not only the tickets but maps of the train stations in other cities we planned to visit and detailed instructions. This was a truly superb experience from check in to check out.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
MOTYO, Social Media Communications at Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Rebecca K

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive review following your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo.

We are delighted to learn that you had a pleasant stay and were satisfied with the hotel’s service. Your inspiring comments are much appreciated, and we are thrilled that we were able to contribute in making your trip to Tokyo an enjoyable one.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel for another memorable stay.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

We visited the Mandarin after a long haul flight and dropped dead on arrival, can't see much better places to rest in the city and get ready to be treated as only the best Japanese places know. Good location if going for business and easy to move around to Akihabara district or elsewhere with the subway round the corner.

Foodwise there's a wide range of options and you have the local japanese (go for the breakfast, be brave) or some Western options which are quite good too. Ask the concierge for directions as there are very good restaurants nearby and it's always nice to have a walk, especially at night. Enjoy

Room Tip: Ask for rooms overlooking Mount Fuji
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
MOTYO, Social Media Communications at Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear Jim B

Thank you for taking the time to share your review following your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

The Concierge are obviously not properly trained. I made some calls with regard to my important clients staying at their property. The way they attended to me was rude, high-handed with high-toned voice. Instead of trying to be of an assistance to me the Concierge argued to prove that he knows better than someone like me who have far more experience in the job than he does. Instead of listening to my instructions which is what she is supposed to do, the Concierge insisted on her way of doing things. Instead of consulting me, the Concierge went ahead and made the decision to resolve issues.

I couldn't think of any other reasons why I was treated in such a way when I am their customer. The only reason I could think of is because I am not Japanese and they probably think I am far less capable than they are. This is absolute racism.

This happened not only once but a few times so much so I prefer not to deal with the Concierge when I called. I have complained directly but their attitude never changed. I decided to write to TripAdvisor so the Management could take this matter more seriously. I hope the Management could make their employees understand that customers play an important part in putting food on their plates and paying for their good life-style and that they should start to have better respect when attending to one.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
MOTYO, Social Media Communications at Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Alisa S

Thank you for this review following your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo.

We were very concerned to learn of your feedback and would like to sincerely apologise for the service shortfalls you have encountered.
We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your comments further, so that we can examine the issues you experienced. We hope that you can reach out to us directly at motyo-socialmedia@mohg.com .

We look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 11 June 2018

We stayed at the MO Tokyo for the first portion of our honeymoon, traveling throughout Tokyo. Could not speak better of the hotel's staff, professionalism, and the overall experience during our stay. While expensive, the hotel more than lives up to its reputation in room quality, facilities, and concierge services. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MOTYO, Social Media Communications at Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear Beau W

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Mandarin Oriental is one of our favorite hotel. You get the best service. They are also renovating and upgrading their rooms section by section so Looking forward to our next stay. Restaurants are simply amazing.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
MOTYO, Social Media Communications at Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear Riverboating