2,245 results
All reviews mount fuji concierge team pizza bar bottega veneta park hyatt luxury hotel grand room pillow menu floor to ceiling windows four seasons amazing hotel mitsukoshimae station mitsukoshi department store chinese restaurant sushi restaurant reservations favorite hotel
Reviewed 12 July 2015

The location is perfect, right at the Mitsukoshimae station of Tokyo Metro Ginza line. We went to Tokyo to celebrate our 2nd anniversary and chose this luxury hotel as the perfect ending. As usual, my choice won't be wrong! The room is big, maybe twice the size of our previous hotel, but it's comfortable and warm( sometimes the big rooms make me feel...cold and empty). And the biggest surprise was not the cakes, but the handwritten card! Also, the view is good, we even saw the top of Tokyo Tower!

I always enjoy the breakfast time when I stay at hotel. Delicious food, relaxing atmosphere and great view which start my day with fulfillment. Due to the canceled flight, I didn't really have the chance to enjoy it this time. But those we had were great. It's quite a pity to end up like this, so I thought I will come back again.

The only imperfection for me is that I can smell the smoke at check-in floor, which made me a little uncomfortable. There must be some way to figure it out.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
MOTYO, Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2015

Dear fatina627

It was a great pleasure to have you and your partner stay with us for your second anniversary and thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review on Tripavdisor. It made me happy to learn that you liked the cakes and our handwitten card. I have shared your positive feedback with the staff, who were thrilled to hear you enjoyed such a wonderful time. I apologize there was a smell of smoke at the check-in floor. We would like to stress that we will do our best to ensure that your future stays with us will certainly be more comfortable and pleasant and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you in person on the occasion of your next visit to the Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo.

Reviewed 11 July 2015

We stayed in a deluxe premier room. We had to change rooms because our first one had a strong smoke smell (even though we asked for a non-smoking room) and as such we did not get the view we wanted. The rooms are big and beautifully appointed like all MO rooms. There are a number of high quality restaurants in the hotel as well as a beautiful bar was a good selection of Japanese whisky.

The service was excellent. The location was very good, close to Ginza.

The breakfast buffet was the best I have had at a Tokyo hotel (better than the Ritz and the Park Hyatt).

This is a very good 5-star hotel in Tokyo.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear BlakeSFO

First and foremost, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you personally for your continued loyalty in choosing to stay at our hotel, as well as for your valuable comments.

I understand from the feedback that you had, regrettably, some negative experiences during your last stay with us, which were caused by the room you were assigned to as being smoky and did not have the specific view you requested.

Please accept our deepest and sincerest apologies for these experiences, and please rest assured that we have shared your comments with the respective divisions and have taken corrective action to ensure that this situation does not happen again in the future.

We would like to emphasise that we will do our best to ensure that your future stays with us will be more comfortable and pleasant, and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you in person on your next visit to Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo.

Once again, thank you very much for your valuable feedback, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Tokyo very soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2015 via mobile

From its beautifully designed lobby high over Tokyo to its rooms with great appointments and views of the city this was a great hotel especially after a long flight. The staff were wonderful as was the food and surroundings. Outstanding with flawless service.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business

Dear Paulsumm

Thank you for this short and sweet review of your recent stay with us. I was thrilled to read that you liked the design of our lobby, views, staff, food and surroundings. I will pass these comments on to the team who will likewise be delighted. Having enjoyed such a pleasant stay, I hope this means we can expect to see you again in the future and you will continue to stay at Mandarin Oriental, Topkyo on your trips to Tokyo. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2015

I just stayed four nights here beginning 7/2/15 and have to say this was the best hotel experience I have ever had. Everything is first rate. The Spa is incredible and the entire hotel staff was amazing. Yoji Osada at the K'shiki restaurant provided Outstanding service and made my friend feel like Royalty. I have travelled all over the world and nothing comes close to this. The Mandarin will be my Top choice from now on.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank maseratiman
MOTYO, Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2015

Dear maseratiman

Firstly let me just say a what a great pleasure it was having you stay with us recently and thank you for taking the time to post this lovely review on Tripadvisor. I have shared your positive feedback with the staff, who were thrilled to hear you enjoyed such a wonderful time; Yoji was especially touched by the special mention. I was pleased to read that you love Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo and hope that this means you will continue to stay with us on future trips to Tokyo. On behalf of every one at the hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back to Tokyo someday soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2015

Nothing to add. Perfect stay with a quality of service that is impossible to find anywhere else than in Japan. A must in the city which is already overranking any other place on this criterias... If you can afford, just go there and hold your breath arriving at the reception for the first time, experience an amazing massage in the sky and dive into another cullinar world with the japanese "cuisine molléculaire"!

Stayed: October 2014
1  Thank Lux_Globetrotter2013
MOTYO, Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2015

Dear Lux_Globetrotter2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo. I was so thrilled to read that you had such a pleasant stay with us. I was so pleased that you enjoyed Tapas Molecular Bar, too. Having passed your feedback on to the team, everyone is delighted to learn that you are such a fan of the brand and I would personally like to thank you for your recommendation. I hope all of which means we can expect to see you at Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo again in the future.