All reviews lava rock fourth floor tokyo station rooms are small light dinner marriott gold members library bar office building minute walk south entrance walking distance ginza line two blocks underground mall restaurant downstairs free breakfast corner room
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

While this was not my favorite location, this hotel was great. It had the best perks of any Marriott I have ever stayed in and the staff was fantastic. The rooms are average (I.e. small) in size for Japan. The location was good because we traveled via Tokyo Station so that was nice but there is NOT a bus from Narita. We took a bus to TCAT and then a cab. Also, there weren't as many restaurants and shopping but Ginza was only a five minute walk. I would recommend his hotel but I also like the courtyard Ginza too.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Julia M
Reviewed 24 September 2016

Let me begin by saying that I absolutely loved my time here and would stay again. This is in part due to the fact that I happen to be a gold status with Marriott and was given more perks than I have ever received anywhere!
There was a total respect and level of service that was unmatched. Breakfast buffet was included and was wonderful as was the service. A light dinner could also be had every night if wanted that included drinks.
Ok...this is Japan and the rooms are smaller than we are used to. We happened to be in three of them....no fault of the hotel...the Property next door was undergoing construction and they worked at night!!!!!, so we requested a room change. No problems anywhere....just a willingness to please. I would recommend the double bedded room as this provided more space. Having said that, the storage of luggage is a problem....just no room....so it hangs out a bit. Not a problem...just different.
Thank you to all the staff who made this a memorable stay.

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 21 September 2016

Stayed for one night, very small rooms and wash room . Not near Tokyo station around 15 mins walk. Not well sign posted and nobody in area new of hotel. Took about a hour to find the hotel. It had small sign on the building.GPS was very confusing because of high rise all around. Hotel has only one small resturant and it takes last order at 8.45 pm. Room service was average came with trolley but did not leave it behind had to use luggage rack as table to eat as there is not enough space in the room. Should not be part of Marriot chain.

Room Tip: very small rooms
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
コートヤードバイマリオット東京ステーショ, Manager at Courtyard Tokyo Station, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2016

We failed to meet your expectations to the service provided at the Courtyard by Marriott Tokyo Station.
Your feedback has been shared with the entire team and the related associates have been coached in regards to your experience.
I sincerely hope that you will continue to choose our hotel in the future with our promise of excellent service.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

Spent 3 nights here for a little touristing after a business trip in Osaka. Used the hotel as a base for visits to Kamakura (recommended!) and Uena. Hotel is a short walk, less than 10 minutes from Tokyo station, useful for both arriving and departing Narita, but also for other JR trains within Tokyo. Close to the Ginza as well. Hotel comprises floors 2-4 of a larger high rise building. Room was fine for me alone, but would have felt a little cramped with 2. Cubby for hanging clothes, but no dresser/drawer. Bath/shower was very good. Small fridge in room, with 2 free water bottles, replaced for free as used. Good free WiFi. Small library at reception (4th floor). TV only had 2 English speaking stations, one of which was BBC. Free (weak) coffee at front desk. Staff was very polite. I did not eat any meals such as breakfast at the hotel. As a Marriott member, I got a drink package on checking in (3 Suntory cans-choose alcholic or not). Overall, seemed reasonable value for a central Tokyo hotel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2016

I've stayed at the other Courtyard in Tokyo (Ginza) in the past and have always been pleased. This was my first stay at the Courtyard Tokyo Station, and I think I like it even more. The size of the hotel is smaller, and it has the feel of a boutique hotel. The reception area has a very comfortable, homey feel to it. Every time I passed through it seemed like a small group or family was sitting and chatting there. The rooms are a big by Tokyo standards, and despite being in the center of a major city, I found it to be very quiet at night. The breakfast restaurant had a good selection of food, and the staff all communicated quite easily in English. The amenities for Marriott Gold members were among the best I've ever encountered. Normally I usually have something that I bring up which could be improved at a hotel, but I don't have any for the Tokyo Station. A great hotel.

Room Tip: Reception counter is on the fourth floor, so I would recommend a room on that floor
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business