“Tourist trap, sub-par service and food”

Itamae Sushi Ginza Water Tower
Ranked #435 of 9,569 Restaurants in Chuo
Price range: US$9 - US$48
Cuisines: Sushi
Neighbourhood: Ginza, Tokyo Nihonbashi
Description: Itamae Sushi Ginza Water Tower gives diners a spacious and relaxing space to enjoy Itamae Sushi's freshest, high-quality dishes with table seating in a private room for 2 to 5 people, a sushi counter and booth seating to suit whatever your occasion calls for. The grand chef Sato is in this branch. Itamae Sushi operates 11 branches in Japan and more than 60 overseas. The chefs of each branch carefully select the farm-fresh ingredients directly from Tsukiji and fish markets across Japan. Their blue-fin tuna is a point of pride at Itamae and is as good as that found at the highest-end restaurants in Japan and they are proud to have won the first-of-the-year tuna auction four years in a row. Itamae Sushi has lunch sets ranging from 980 - 2,980 and dinner courses for between 3,000 - 5,000. They also offer an all-you-can-drink menu from 1,500. Sushi dishes (one piece of sushi) start from 105, variety kinds of a la carte menu from 380. Itamae Sushi offers high-quality sushi in a foreigner-friendly atmosphere and their helpful chefs can recommend wine, champagne, sake and shochu to enhance your experience.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve been coming Itamae Sushi for years and this was a shocker, I had my kids so booked a private room, they led me to the back where it stank of smoke... me the wife and kids all got a headache from the sickening smell.... we ordered maguro plate and some other dishes, the waitress who had worse Japanese than me made a mistake with everything and argued we had ordered what we didn’t... they gave us a drinks menu and said nothing on it was available- WTF. We stayed 10 minutes cost 8,000 yen. Don’t go.

1  Thank cashy-d24

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

We walked around Ginza area desperately trying to find a particular restaurant highly credited on Tripadvisor. We then gave up and walked by this one by accident.
What a wonderful surprise!
The fish was amazingly fresh, the service efficient but now coming the best, very reasonably priced.
With couple of beers, hot sake and lots of sashimi and rolls the bill came to 120 USD for the two of us.
Highly recommendable

Makk0807, お客様担当マネージャー at Itamae Sushi Ginza Water Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Thank you for coming to Itamaesuhi!
And I appreciate your kindly comment.
I’m glad you enjoyed.
We always prepare fresh and delicious sushi and NICE sake also!
Serving quality food and service is our motto.
I look forward to you next visit.
Have a nice stay in Japan!
Thank you.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Discovered while strolling in Ginza , we decided to try it.
The fatty tuna with avocado, and all the various sushi we ordered were tasty.
Very fair price and nice ambiance.

Makk0807, お客様担当マネージャー at Itamae Sushi Ginza Water Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Thank you for coming to Itamaesushi!
I’m glad you enjoyed meal.
Tuna and abovcado tartar is one of our specialties.
I’m really flattered to hear your comment.
I really appreciate it.
I look forward to your next visit.
Thank you.

Reviewed 3 February 2017

I actually stumbled into this place by accident when looking for somewhere to eat in Ginza. I turned down a small side street and found this place, so I poked my head in. It was roughly 5:00-5:30, and there were only one other group there aside from me, so I was seated at the counter. I got a personal greeting by one of the chefs, and I took my seat. I have to admit that it made me just a little uncomfortable, as I never had that experience before, and didn't know where to look because I didn't want to come off as rude.

The Sushi itself was really good. After the meal I had a cup of green tea brought out to me. The tea was also better than any I had back in the states.

Overall, the staff was friendly and welcoming, the food was excellent, but unless you're looking for it I don't expect you to accidentally stumble upon it.

Makk0807, マネージャー at Itamae Sushi Ginza Water Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2017

Thank you very much for choosing Itamae Sushi.
We will try our best to provide better services to our customers.
We look forward to you visiting our shop again.

Reviewed 23 July 2016

When we first arrived, it was totally full and they said they were fully reserved. But we asked if we could wait to see if something opened up and they requested we waited on the small bench outside. They said probably 30 minutes but after about 15 we saw a couple walk out and we got called to the counter. Super fresh, super delicious sushi. We also thought the pricing was very reasonable. There are a few booths and a sushi counter. EXCELLENT!