“Great Coffee”

Price range: US$7 - US$9
Neighbourhood: Ginza, Tokyo Nihonbashi
Neighbourhood: Ginza, Tokyo Nihonbashi
Reviewed 25 December 2015 via mobile

Very good coffee in the market area. The blend coffee here is great. The sandwich and hotdog also very good. The shop is small but very clean and warm. Nice place to sit for a whirl after shopping I the market.

1  Thank harbourchan

Reviewed 7 December 2015 via mobile

In the midst of a fish market, sits a busy coffee shop filled with beans from all over the world. They serve food here too but we just had the latte and royal tea. My coffee addict husband dubbed it "very good"

1  Thank PinkPomelo
Reviewed 6 December 2015 via mobile

First things first. Before you set your alarm for 4:15am to visit the early auctions at the Tsukiji Fish Market auctions, make sure visitors are allowed. Secondly, if you fail to do that, as I did, then seek refuge at the Yonemoto Coffee shop. As far as I can tell, it's the only place that serves coffee early in the morning. The owner is very friendly and the coffee is strong: expresso based not the pour over style. The owner pointed out that 'refill' does not mean 'free'. It's Y280 a cup.

Reviewed 24 November 2015

I was expecting more from this highly recommended coffee shop. Perhaps I am used to Italian coffee or (gasp!) Starbucks and they way that coffee is roasted. I am not sure if Yonemoto roasts their own beans or not but the espresso I had was quite harsh and bitter. I had to add cream to tone it down a bit. However, I enjoyed the atmosphere and the ambiance. The service was fast and courteous.

Reviewed 11 November 2015 via mobile

This place is great for a quick stop after tsujiki market. The coffee starts from 280 yen and latte was just 330! you cant beat that price anywhere else in Tokyo. They also sells beans. This is more like Japanese coffee, not so much australian type espresso coffee.

1  Thank Zetster

Been to Yonemoto Coffee Shop? Share your experiences!