See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 February 2016

As a card-carrying Toyoko Inn Club member, I frequent this clean, inexpensive hotel chain. My usual Tokyo favorites were fully booked, but this one had a vacancy. It is indeed in a quiet neighborhood by the river, but don't count on a river view or quiet. The room windows face to one side or the other. Room 518 offers a partial, diagonal view of the river, cluttered by an adjacent apartment veranda and an elevated highway running parallel to the river.

Whilst the neighborhood is indeed quiet, I heard traffic noise all night.

On the other hand, if you can secure a room away from the river and elevated highway, you might enjoy a quiet night. The staff, as usual for Toyoko Inns, are friendly and helpful, and the breakfast, while modest, is nice.

Room Tip: Request a room as far as possible from the river and elevated highway.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Ken N
Reviewed 23 November 2015 via mobile

The hotel is near the metro station Hamacho. There is no JR station in the close proximity. From Hamacho its a 5 minute walk to the hotel.

You can't check in before 16:00, or you have to become a member for 1500 yen and then you can check-in at 15:00.

Another issue is that becoming a member does not mean you can have a later check-out. You still have to checkout before 10:00 just like everyone else. Or pay for having a late check-out.

The single room is just big enough for one person. There is free WiFi, TV and for 500 yen per day video on demand.

The bathroom is simple and clean. The view outside through mine room window was terrible. There is no view. But then again I did not came for the view.

There is a shuttle bus available at the hotel. I believe its free, but I have not use this.

There are some restaurants close at the hotel. I forgot the name of the restaurant, but there was a good Italian, very close to the hotel.

For a payable and quiet location you should check-out this hotel. Otherwise stay somewhere in Shinjuku or other places where there is a nightlife.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jordy T
Reviewed 19 November 2015

Stayed here for five nights last month. Room was small but clean and quiet. Hotel staff were polite and despite speaking minimal English were happy to help with anything.

The free breakfast was actually very tasty and filling for what it was.

Location is two minutes from the subway station, couldn't complain.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 September 2015

The hotel is located right next to a park. There is a subway stop near the hotel but we rarely used. There is a great free shuttle for the hotel that runs to tokyo station and back. Check the times for this on the frontdesk. The rooms were more spacious than other hotels of its class. We had 2 rooms in the 14th floor, one of which had problems with wifi reception but having a portable wifi, that did not bother us. The matresses on the beds were the hardest I have experienced but overall there was no problem with that. We also experienced a 8.4 earthquake while we where there and we were amazed by the staff's reaction to that. The staff were calm and helpfull and helped ease the minds of some worried travellers. The hotels complimentary breakfast was good but some things tasted really salty. All in all this is a good hotel to stay in.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2014

There is another Toyoko Inn very close to this one and I didn't realize it until I got to the reception. Toyoko Inns are everywhere in Japan and I've stayed at a few in Kansai region. They are usually pretty good for the price and I would stay with them again. I stayed at this Toyoko Inn for 10 days for work and it was good. They have laundry machines (100 yen for washing, 100 yen for 30 minutes drying) and vending machines on the ground floor. Their breakfast buffet is great - I didn't get tired of it after 10 days. There are also convenient stores and a grocery store nearby if you want something else. The hotel is less than 5 minutes walk from Hama-cyo Subway Station and it is easy to get to other areas like Shinjuku.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business