“Total harmony”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Yotsuya, Iidabashi
Reviewed 3 March 2018

We needed a place for a family celebration and I immediately thought of "Chez Olivier". It proved a perfect choice. Every dish was a subtle combination of tastes from Europe and Japan : my pork was served with mashed Kabocha and shallot and came after a delicious foie gras macaron with truffle...My wife chose to pair the foie gras with red sweet wine, which was an excellent recommendation. Tableware is beautiful and used to frame the colours of each dish. Service is attentive and pleasant... Deserves more than one star in my book.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Chez Olivier has all that can be expected from a high-end French restaurant:

- the cosy feeling of a small, warm and yet not overly posh restaurant

- the warm and friendly team

and the food that shows you the best of France, coming with a solid wine pairing.

There’s nothing more to be expected, even more so at the other side of the world (from a French perspective)

The only downside: next time you think of top-notch French cuisine you might find yourself thinking of Japan, not of France :-)

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Modern and creative French food. Cosy and simple atmosphere. Great ingredients, presentation and taste. The service is great, the chef is explaining the dishes. We couldn’t drink but the wine list is very attractive as well

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 7 July 2017

We stopped in for a bottle of Rose wine and a light late night dinner. We love French food and this place did not disappoint. The food was great and we enjoyed the patio. They even had blankets for us!

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank SarahsBackstage
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

I've always wanted to come here and at last, here I am. The ambience is great and the presentation of the food is wonderful. The beautiful array of colors with the vegetables, the tender meat and fish, I say no more. I'm looking forward to coming back again for dinner!!

Date of visit: February 2017