Lowest prices for your stay
US$95
Free cancellation until 04/06/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$87
Free cancellation until 02/06/22
ZenHotels.com
US$86
PricelineUS$95
Hotels.comUS$95
Trip.comUS$113
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 March 2019

This small hotel is not far from three different subway lines. Western travelers maybe not used to its Japanese style breakfast but i like it very much. Besides eggs, they offer small dishes with rice, it can be pickles or cabbage with minced meat. And it changes everyday, i don't feel bored at all. Public bath is a plus, you can relax in hot bath after a long day. Staff are extremely helpful. Will stay again.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank peter24122018
Reviewed 10 October 2018

I left my iphone under the quilt and took a taxi to the airport. Because I brought 2 phones with me so I did find i missed one until I was on the plane ready to take off. The staff told my next-door friend (Luckily she was still there and would spend another 2 days) and then she informed me. I feel very sorry for my mistake and appreciate the staff's integrity and honest.
The staff speak good English and one of them even speak Chinese fluently. Deeply impressive.
The hotel is close to the famous book store street jimbōchō. A paradise for book lovers.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2018

We stayed several nights here with my family of 4. 2 teenage kids. The rates are reasonable for this expensive city. The 4 person traditional room was small, for 4, but if you roll up your bed roll, you can make do fine. We were out and about all day, so the size the the room wasn't an issue. The public bath was very nice, always clean, and something we all looked forward to each day to relax and rejuvenate for the next adventure. Good location with 3 subway stations nearby, and perhaps 1.5 miles from Tokyo Station. The staff is helpful, and most are fluent in Japanese and English. Included breakfast is traditional Japanese - fried egg, rice, Miso soup, coffee or tea and veggies.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2018

Ochanomizu Hotel Shoryukan offers bath on the basement level, which might be good for bath lovers, but the room was very small and uncomfortable if you have family.
The pictures show very spacious, but it is not. Two-night stay was not enjoyable.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights back in dec 2017 as a solo female traveller in the smallest single room. It was quite a squeeze with my luggage but apart from that everything else was clean and comfortable. Had a relaxing time in the public baths which were also very clean with all amenities provided. Next to the baths, there is a small recreational room with massage chairs which were also great after a long day of walking! I loved the basic breakfast which was just right for me, the eggs were cooked very well and all in all it was a wholesome meal. Best thing about the stay was the hotel staff who were extremely courteous and could speak pretty good english! it’s a small hotel so they could recognise me and give me my key without even asking for my name. Helped me to book several restaurants as well as the airport shuttle bus. At the end of my stay, they gave a cute little farewell gift and even stood outside the hotel to bid farewell until I walked to the end of the street!

Location wise, it is ok with around 3 subway stations located nearby. It is a quaint neighbourhood which I enjoyed after staying in busy Shinjuku!

Date of stay: December 2017