“The ramen that will change your life! ”

Karashibimisoramen Kikanbo, Kanda
Ranked #6 of 7,680 Restaurants in Chiyoda
Price range: US$7 - US$9
Neighbourhood: Kanda, Akihabara, Ochanomizu
Neighbourhood: Kanda, Akihabara, Ochanomizu
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Of all the ramen we tried in Japan, this was by far the best. Don’t be put off by the ‘vending machine’ style ordering system- it’s authentic Japanese cuisine at its best. Order the large pork and then on entry select your level of spice- we went for ‘less spice’ but it was more like a medium. We ended up visiting twice as it was that good!! The long queue seems daunting but it goes down quickly. I really can’t convey how much we loved this restaurant.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

TRY THIS. Just go.

The pork was OUT OF THIS WORLD. So soft, tasty, melt-in-your-mouth delicious! Go just because of that.

Aside from topping options, you choose (1) level of spiciness and (2) level of numbness. Even if you don't like spicy food, this place is worth trying! We tried medium/medium after reading some of the reviews here, and happy to say that the levels were perfect for our taste.

Recommend getting the eggs -- they were made so well. We went when it opened at 11am on a Wednesday and made the first seating. There are 19 seats.

Again, the pork was incredible and we would go back here again just for that!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We came here randomly while visiting Tokyo and happened to be in the neighborhood.

I have to say it was our first time using a food vending machine so it took us 5 minutes to work out how to buy food!

I went for the coriander ramen, and my wife the premium one (It seems it comes with an egg)

It was just amazing, nothing I have ever eaten comes even close to how tasty this was. Everything was just right. The pork was delicious and melted in your mouth, the broth was superb.

My wife got 0 spice and hers was really delicious too.

I can imagine there are many other great ramen places, but if you are in Akihabara and are hungry, just come here, its great!

If you go a bit earlier (5-6) then you can skip the queue too.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Lots of hype on TV and travel magazines put this local joint on the radar for our first trip to Tokyo. We picked this local spot over more pricey options in a city of great but expensive food. You order first at a kiosk that has pictures but in Japanese, so funny sight watching me order for two with the queue behind growing. I managed to order the right items with my limited knowledge of Japanese...pictures helped - LOL. The pork with egg and the pork bowl with coriander were both outstanding. Hot, spicy and flavorful. Great service although all about fast service to turn the maybe 12 seats. You pick the spice level and we went low which was plenty hot for New Orleans peeps. The queue moves fast after you order since ramen should be eaten quickly. Great experience and highly recommended meal for about $25 for two excluding drinks.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

I was told that this place specializes in Kyushu-style spicy Ramen. We were not disappointed. I had the spice level at high for chili pepper and medium for Szechewan pepper. 10 bucks for the Ramen and about 5 for a beeru - it was an awesome lunch!