Lowest prices for your stay
US$75
Free cancellation until 06/07/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.comUS$82
eDreamsUS$75
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Very convenient for University of Tokyo and Ochanimizu station to get elsewhere. Great breakfast (Japanese or American or both!) that kept me going all day. Front desk service was impeccable and from Day 1 they recognized me whenever I returned and even delivered a package left for me while I was just passing by in the lobby one day rather than wait for me to get to my room and find out I had one waiting. I speak little Japanese beyond good morning and thank you, but had no trouble at all. Room was quiet, comfortable and well furnished. Super experience for the money in Tokyo. As a bonus there is a great gallery--Quint Art House--down the street where the owner is happy to educate you about antique teapots and the prints and paintings are wonderful.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 15 April 2018

The room was small and old, but clean. Staff can barely speak English but they are trying to help you sort things out. The breakfast was good. The price was not too bad. There is a train station within a walking distance.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank davidjcobson
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Poor wifi, almost no English is spoken by staff, horrible AC (the room was like a dry sauna), no iron available (quite basic).

Details: Late October, we had 2 nights booked for us by the organization that invited me, and had some issues with that, which the manager solved eventually, but was possible only due to my girlfriend that can speak Japanese. Otherwise, they barely speak English.

We then got into the room which was hot and dry, AC is only heating, and you cannot open the window! only on the second day, we found a solution, someone suggested to unlock the window (only staff can open the window).

I was speaking at a university the next day, and wanted to use an iron after taking my formal clothes out of my luggage. It's quite basic, and it's the first time I encounter an accommodation (hotel/hostel/B&B/Airbnb) that doesn't have an iron for the guests! I tried to find a solution, asking maybe the cleaning ladies have an iron but received a laugh at the front desk. Eventually, I found a solution outside the hotel, which was very inconvenient.

The wifi was so weak and slow, that you can't really use it for work (sending out emails). The desk was also built in an uncomfortable way...

Maybe all these are fine and normal for Japanese businessmen, but very different from my expectations.

Room tip: The AC is only on heating mode, and you can't open the window. Ask at the front desk to have someone unlock the window so you can breathe.
Date of stay: October 2017
2  Thank roiar
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

The Tokyo garden palace hotel has clean rooms, professional and accommodating staff, and an enjoyable breakfast. I am currently staying here for 2 weeks from the United States for a conference/academic course. Unfortunately, right when you walk into the hotel the lobby smells of cigarette smoke, so it may be unpleasant to people who are especially sensitive. The odor is not too strong though, and you stop noticing it after a few minutes. It is similar to the smell of a casino hotel in Las Vegas.

The most inconvenient aspect of the hotel is the wifi--it is so slow that it is virtually unusable. I have opted to use my expensive international cell phone data plan instead.

The bathroom is nice, but there is almost no clothing storage (no closet, no drawers) in the non-smoking rooms. Also, oddly there is only one key available per room, so the easiest thing to do with a roommate is to leave it with the front desk staff when you are not in the room.

Overall, nice enough place to stay but there are definitely a few aspects that could be improved, especially the wifi for international travelers.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank W2183QEhannahm
Reviewed 27 January 2016

Good restaurant (thought pricey, as one may expect). The room was small and somewhat outdated, but clean. The location is rather industrial-looking, but there is a convenient train station nearby. It was somewhat noisy with the medical school across the street. The reception staff were attentive and great, though.

Date of stay: November 2015