All reviews infinity pool blood compact alona beach cold beer table tennis souvenir shop buffet breakfast hotel restaurant chocolate hills offer free quiet place close to the airport bohol tagbilaran tours tricycle transportation
Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

The hotel was by far the most luxurious building (let alone hotel) that we came across. 2 incredible pools, one of which was an infinity pool overlooking the ocean (although it's not quite as near as you might think). This is definitely not a beach hotel, if these are the specifications you are after.

The food was excellent- breakfast, lunch and dinner, and the staff were always friendly and helpful where needed.

Free beach towels, everywhere clean, good size (standard double) room, and free transport to/from the airport. Free filtered water from tanks in the corridors were greatly appreciated.

We managed to secure this room for a really affordable price. However, if you have the budget then we'd recommend the ocean-facing, first floor room with balcony. They would have the best view for sure.

The hotel also helped organise a very affordable private driver for the day who was brilliant!

A thoroughly enjoyable time here!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2016

We spent four nights in a premier room at the Ocean Suites and really enjoyed our stay. As mentioned by others, the pool area with the view (which you can also enjoy from your room) is the strongest asset of the hotel. Also, we found the staff to be very helpful with our special requests such as hiring a car for self-driving instead of hiring a driver+car or finding a day-pass gym in Tagbilaran City for us.

We especially recommend the hotel if you're not looking for a standard four class resort-type of hotel but rather enjoy and accept a hotel with a more local charme. A second recommendation is to not be shy and ask for whatever it is you may need or want, such as pool towels, food/Drinks instead of waiting for them to "offer" it.

Small suggestions for improvement:
- Fix bedside lamp in premier room 103
- Buy 1-2 umbrellas for tourists enjoying more shade at the pool than currently available

Room Tip: Pay the premium for a premier room
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 28 November 2016

Stayed for 2 nights but was really disappointed to be honest. The place is very expensive for what it offers. There are many other places much cheaper and offer quieter environment in the area.
Our room was a standard one, but did not know that meant we would have the view of the primary school across the road and the noise that comes with it.
I asked the receptionist if it was possible to change the room and I would pay a bit extra but her answer was that I would have to pay 5500 pesos for a better room!!
that is extremely expensive for the Philippines so I did not.
The place is very noisy and you can hear people next door, people slamming doors in the middle of the night...etc and that was for an expensive room compared to the rest of the area.
curtains in the room can not be fully closed...annoying.
Overall, I was disappointed and will never stay there again.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank akh7
Reviewed 28 November 2016

We rented a motorbike, the location of the hotel was therefore ideal for us. Not in the city or on the separate island just around the corner. Easy to go every which way. The pool was a welcome relief after a long day on the road, enjoying the sunset while lingering at the edge.

Our room was spacious and the AC worked well and the shower was good too, downside of our room was that it was next to housekeeping and located under the dining area. We heard all the preparations in the morning. Though we were up early to explore Bohol anyways.

The staff was friendly and helpful. They arranged transfers for us to and from the Ferry Port even though we arrived late in the evening and I could only confirm our arrival time a couple hours before.

They also changed large bills for smaller ones, not all sizes are accepted everywhere.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dpostulart
Reviewed 27 November 2016

Upon arrival on the hotel, staff helped me with my luggage and the receptionist accommodated me immediately. The room I got was just a standard room but not bad for a solo traveler. Air conditiong was great and room is very clean. I love that they provided enough towels and toiletries.

Hotel also has a restaurant which serves good food and great buffet breakfast. Good location and tricycle are easily available outside should you want to go somewhere. Blood Compact is located beside the hotel and you can buy pasalubongs (which are very cheap) just in case you don't have time to buy elsewhere.

But I must say that the best thing about this hotel is their amazing pools which are open until 10PM. After a tiring day of tour, guests can relax and have a drink beside the pool which I really love! I will definitely go back and recommend this hotel to family and friends!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo