“A different view of Sun Avenue Tourist Inn and Cafe”
Review of Sun Avenue Pension

Sun Avenue Pension
Ranked #11 of 39 Tagbilaran City B&B and Inns
Mandaluyong, Philippines
“A different view of Sun Avenue Tourist Inn and Cafe”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Okay, so before writing this down, I had to check about this hotel again. I visited Tagbilaran City, Bohol in November 2011 for a video shoot. It was a whirlwind schedule and I kind of forgotten the name of the hotel we stayed in. But would NEVER forget the laughs we had here!

We checked in to Sun Avenue Tourist Inn and Café after dinner time and we needed to be up early in the morning. The male receptionist brought us to our rooms. He also brought in our requested additional pillows, blankets, coffee, towels, and so much stuff. We would have requested for a better room if it was possible.

I stayed on their lobby with my laptop where there is free Wi-Fi; there’s no signal in the rooms. I waived good night to the same male receptionist on my way to my room a few hours later. And fell soundly asleep.

Hours before the break of dawn, we are up already. And lo and behold, so was the male receptionist! He stood there like a security guard. We asked if we could have, at the very least, cups of coffee to start another long day, and guess what, there was no one else there to do that but him! We were laughing behind his back because we were starting to think he was the only personnel in the hotel. We didn’t bother asking for help from the “hotel staff” in carrying down our heavy bags because we know it would still be him. It was one hilarious early morning! If he’d said he’s also the manager or owner of the hotel, we would believe him because he’s the only living soul servicing us there.

One of my companions smoking outside the hotel called me out. There was a Job Vacany posting by the hotel door for various positions. And we felt for the guy. And then we laughed.

I have forgotten the name of this hotel and I needed to “google” it. I found some awesome photos of this hotel. And wondering where the heck were those when I was in there. My photos are all blah (but real)! But hey, we had a blast there!

This hotel is FAR from the paradise beaches that Bohol is famous for. Get hotels from Panglao Island. But this hotel is near downtown area where business and commercial establishments thrive.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Chuck B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We stayed in this hotel a couple of nights while touring Bohol. It's not a bad place to stay. Breakfast was quite filling and nice. Staff well trained, although they wouldnt let us check in before 2pm ( we were asking at 1.30pm) despite the fact the room was empty! Having worked in the hotel industry, that sounded stupid to me.
But otherwise, we used their internet and PC for about 1hr, it was ok. The room was clean, quite big and bathroom above average,when you look at Philippino "standards".

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vendula S
Squamish, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Helpful friendly staff, good value, clean modern rooms, spacious private bathroom. We did not partake of breakfast. Stayed 5 nights.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rusty R
Cebu Island, Philippines
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I totally agree with johnwayno that most of the reviews here are not geniune . Our stay here in this pension together with my cousins is just not as good as what reviewers are saying here....One is i dont really understand why their wifi is limited only until midnight....so what if guest use wifi 24 hours would their internet bill go high? i dont think so.so its its ridiculous to limit its hours of use since schedules of using it is not the same.
also, the place look clean outside ....especially at night...place looks cozy.but as to room? bed bugs will bite you....so, think hard before booking here.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank faspacedttraveler

Travellers are raving about these Tagbilaran City hotels

Cebu City
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Our family traveled to Bohol last December 2011 to spend our Christmas there. We stayed for 3 days and 2 nights and it was such a pleasant stay as we had very good breakfast. The service was fast. The room was also spacious and we had an ample space for our luggage. What I admired about this place is its proximity to the Tagbilaran Port and malls so it was really convenient for us to buy some food around. The only thing I don't like about our experience in this pension was there were some ants inside the room and it attacked our food. It is not advisable to have leftovers.

Overall, it was really a pleasant stay in this pension.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family