See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 July 2015

The most un-welcoming hotel that I have ever stayed at! We travelled the long distance from Ireland with our young daughter to Belle-Ile having booked a room 'with a view' at the front for 5 nights at €95 per night. On arrival our French 'greeting' was an abrupt confirmation of our surname and being informed that breakfast would cost an extra €9. We were not offered a 'welcome', a coffee or any local information. We never took breakfast. For the full 5 days of our stay there was nobody to say 'bonjour' or ask if we were enjoying our stay. Despite what the photo on their website shows, the ferry to Quiberon noisily loads and unloads from 6am to 10pm daily RIGHT outside the hotel - within metres!!! You will get no sleep after 6am. On the second day just after 7pm I ordered a beer on the terrace and was duly served. All the tables inside and outside were set for dinner except for two tables to my left and right where people were drinking. After about 15 minutes and having almost finished my drink I was confronted by a member of staff and publicly admonished for drinking at a table that was set for dinner. I pointed out that I had not disturbed the table, I was a resident and that as yet no customers had arrived for dinner. In reply I was told that if I wanted a drink I should go to the bar next door (which they also own). I refused to pay for my drink and when my wife and daughter arrived I left and never sat outside my own hotel for the rest of our stay. Our room was adequate and clean. The Atlantique should not be classed as a hotel but rather a restaurant with rooms to let. On our departure yesterday we were simply presented with our bill followed by “bonne journée”, never asked if we had enjoyed our five-day stay. Quite an incedible French experience.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank dessiepoo
HotelAtlantique, Gérant at Hotel-Restaurant Atlantique, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2015

we are very sorry that your stay in our hotel was so bad.
i think another room would have been better for you but without a sea view.
Concerning our restaurant , the waiter badly explained our organisation and i'm confused about that .Be sure that our job is to offer good moments to our custumers and not the opposite.
sincerely.

Reviewed 14 February 2015 via mobile

Room quite small but ok. Fat people might have difficulty getting past the wash basin to the shower. Reception guy pleasant and the reception foyer lounge again small but good decor lots of white and blue and stone. Easy to get to everything else in le pAlais.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PeterHockenhull
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Unfortunately, there was live loud music right on the street and it was excessively noisy the night we stayed. Generally speaking, although the view of the port is nice, the ferry alone makes it noisy. Staff could have been more helpful and forthcoming. Would shop around before heading back but might still end up going back.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2012

While on a sailing trip with friends we stopped at Le Palais and ate at the Hotel Atlantique. Great service and food, It was mainly a fish based menu, some of us had the set menu meal at about €20 each, others had enormous plates of "fruits de mer" that tasted fantastic and were great value for money. Would definitely visit again.

Room Tip: We only ate at this hotel but the food was excellent
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Friendly staff, very clean room. Nice location as well, close to ferry and centrum.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple