Crotty's Pub B & B
  • Restaurant
Cliff House Hotel(Ballybunion)
Marine Links Hotel(Ballybunion)
View Hotel
All reviewsscampib bnooks and cranniescozy roomclean tidythe ritztraditional musicmarket squarelovely towngood nights sleepstayed here for one nightbreakfast roomcounty claretea coffeefull irishguinnessireland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2015 via mobile

We had a week stay in kilrush in July.
Enjoyed a few meals and evening drinks
Food was very good..seafood chowder great..portions were good..value for money.. Staff were very nice and kind to our children.. Messing about making sure they ate it all or no dessert.. The only negative I would say was a man walking around on a few of the evenings we were in having drinks.. He was very unhappy looking and unpleasant.. Looked like security.. It was mentioned to me he was the owner by a staff member after I enquired about him..people all have things happening in their lives.. Maybe it was an outside influence that had him grumpy.. But keep it at home.

Reviewed 5 August 2015

Our 1st day in Ireland met with a warm welcome from Rebecca one of the owners. Gave us a choice of rooms. We took the one in the back (she mentioned it may be quieter from the pub sounds). It was. Did not hear a thing. Bed was comfortable. If you have any issues climbing stairs this wouldn't be for you. The bathroom was tiny. Could have used a shower caddy because of its size. If you are a medium built person, It would be challenging picking up your toiletries on the floor in the shower. Not much wiggle room. I slept well. The breakfast was excellent. You have a variety menu. Coffee superb. We would come back again!

Room Tip: If a light sleeper, pick a room in the back, away from the pub
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2015 via mobile

A large family group visited Crottys pub while on holiday in co Clare. It was a wonderful experience. The menu was varied and our hosts was very happy to organise food that was not on the menu. The ambiance was beautiful and Quaint the food was delicious and the service friendly and very helpful. I would highly recommend visiting this unique pub and I look forward to my return.

Reviewed 29 July 2015

We stayed here recently, and I'd be inclined to go back if in the area again. The rooms were charming in a shabby chic sort of way, and everything was clean. The breakfast was fairly standard fare. We stayed with two small children, and it was a fine place for a family (though there are lots of stairs and the room we were in didn't have a bathtub).

The pub downstairs looks adorable, but I'd recommend going for a drink only and eating elsewhere (we made the mistake of having dinner there, and it was truly one of the most bland and tasteless affairs I've ever experienced).

Reviewed 8 July 2015

What a fun place to spend a few days. The owner was a fun guy and the food was very good. The bedroom was large but old but the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was always top shelf and very plentiful.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends