Crotty's Pub B & B
Innwood House(Kilrush)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
All reviewsscampinooks and cranniescozy roomclean tidythe ritzmarket squarelovely towngood nights sleepstayed here for one nightbreakfast roomcounty claretea coffeefull irishguinnessirelandjackcraic
Reviewed 1 July 2015

I spent several days here & really enjoyed myself. Crotty's is right on the town square, and if you take the bus (like I did), it drops you on their doorstep.

My 2nd floor room window looked out on the lovely Kilrush street, and I kept it open all the time. It's a beautiful town... a great town to walk around in. You can walk right down to the water in five minutes. I was a solo woman traveler, and I felt perfectly comfy and happy all over the town. Crotty's took great care of me, but they weren't intrusive.

Breakfast (which comes with the night's stay) was in a lovely little room down the hall from my room (on the 2nd floor). Very cosy, informal and it was a delicious breakfast. There is also a lovely lounge... just for the guests. Very comfortable. I took a picture of it.

This was a very "Irish experience." Most of the people I saw around me were locals. One thing I loved... you can get to your room through a door that leads to the street, but you can also get to your room by going up a staircase that goes up right from the middle of the pub! (They have a full bar and lots of beer on tap, by the way). The staircase reminded me of Miss Kitty's staircase (that led to her room) right in the middle of the Long Branch Saloon in the TV show Gunsmoke. I got a kick out of that. You feel like a real insider when you're staying at Crotty's.

Great place. Lots of fun. The pub food is good, and so is the Smithwicks. I recommend at least a pint a day of Smithwicks.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank NewarkPerson
Reviewed 24 June 2015

The owner was very helpful ensuring that our motorbikes were securely parked.
The room was spacious but dated, the bed was very comfortable, bathroom was clean.
Breakfast was very good plenty of choice and the staff very pleasant.
We did have a meal in the pub but to be honest it was fairly pricey and not such good value. ( the breakfast was bigger and better quality than the mixed grill)
The pub itself is interesting and great to see that they have kept it much the same for many years with all the memorabilia regarding Mrs Crotty.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Him-n-Me24
Reviewed 29 May 2015

My partner and i came to Kilrush to trace my ancestry and decided to stay at Crottys due to its central location and good reviews online. Our expectations were far exceeded!

ROOM:
The room we had was well equipped with all the necessities (big comfy bed, TV and tea/coffee services) and had a very nice and comfortable en-suite with a powerful shower and luxurious shampoos and shower gels. Overall the room was A+.

FOOD:
The breakfast that came included with the room was absolutely amazing. The choice was great, including the full Irish (which was plentiful) and cereal/muesli options. It was served quickly and hot and the fresh tea and coffee was unlimited. The lunch and dinner menus (which aren't included) are varied and good value. I recommend the chicken breast and veggies!! Overall the food is A+

STAFF & SERVICE:
I cant say enough about the staff at Crottys! Kevin and Rebecca (the owners) were very warm and welcoming and helped me with some local advice about who to contact in relation to tracing my long lost relatives. The rest of the staff were very friendly and were more than willing to have a chat with us whilst we propped ourselves at the bar at night to recap our research. Overall the staff and service were A+

VALUE:
At £50 a night including breakfast you cant go wrong!! the breakfast alone is worth it! the dinner menu is on par with other restaurants but the food is very good and worth the price. Overall value is A+

LOCATION:
Located in the central town square, everything is within walking distance; the church, the quay, the cemeteries, the main shops and pubs and the ferry to Kerry is only a short drive away and the scenic N67 wild Atlantic way goes straight through Kilrush.
Overall the location is A+

THE TOWN:
I found Kilrush to be a very friendly and welcoming town where all the locals are proud of their town and heritage and more than accommodating in helping tourists like myself find my roots. There is a few good pubs and cafes and all the amenities you would need to spend an enjoyable weekend or week.

Overall we loved our stay in Crottys and Kilrush and i would recommend it to anyone who wants to travel to and see the west coast of Ireland. A big thanks to Kevin & Rebecca......Adam & Tracy

Room Tip: go for room 5, 6, 7 or 8 if you can
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Adam C
Reviewed 21 May 2015

We stayed here for several nights in September, 2014. My husband and I had a room, as did our younger son (39 yrs old). While Kilrush isn't as central as some locations from which to visit much of Ireland, we did get to several areas for day trips without too much driving. Crotty's interested us for a number of reasons: it's a historic pub in a nice 'market town', good ocean fishing from the nearby pier where they had the best mackeral run in 20 yrs, nice people as hosts, excellent breakfast and we ate our dinners here as well. Our rooms were comfortable and beer, groceries, fishing, were all quite convenient. We were right on the town square and our hosts made parking easy for us.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2015

We planned to stay at another B&B, but when we realized Crotty's had upgraded its rooms, we changed plans. We are so glad we did! Not only was the food the best pub food on our whole trip to the West, the breakfasts were plentiful, healthy and on time.

Room Tip: Get a room on the third floor, where pub noise is at a minimum.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple