“Unfriendky”

Explanada Uno
Ranked #1,206 of 1,650 Restaurants in Alicante
Cuisines: Spanish
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We visited for lunch and was disappointed in the service. We were in no rush, but the service was really slow, and abrupt to the point of rude. He suggested he didn’t have some of what we ordered but served it up to the group next to us, which was frustrating. We finally got drinks after starting our food. Disappointing. It wasn’t even that busy, but everyone seemed a bit unhappy with the service.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

This place serves lovely coffee but the staff are so rude! We visited 3 mornings in a row on a recent trip to Alicante, simply because this place was closest to our hotel, and each time the staff were rude and unfriendly. On each visit we saw people leave in disgust and frustration at 1. Having to wait so long to be served and 2. because the staff clearly had no customer service skills.
Such a shame as this place is in a great location and has great potential. We certainly won’t be returning to this place.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Well - no display when they are open and I asked few minutes before opening and got a unfriendly reply... Just write at your door when you are open and no need to bother you. Quite simple. Sorry for asking. Normal coffee bar with some food options. Looked nice and great location in of the signature builidings of Alicante

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Short visit for breakfast. Unfortunately there weren’t too many dishes to choose so we received only sandwich with Spanish ham. But it was quite good and also coffee was ok. But there are many better places for breakfast in the nearest area.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Well, I can't complain about the service - there wasn't any. I've tried to get a drink or a meal on three separate occasions here, and each time it would have been quicker for me to crush my own grapes and wait for a good vintage. This last time I waited for 15 minutes, along with another couple at the next table and... nada. A waiter was inside, drinking a beer from the bottle, he saw us, I waved at him, and he turned away to get himself another beer. I'd like to comment on the food, but I can't, not having had the opportunity to try it. This is one place to avoid, especially given the plethora of choice a stone's throw away. Ah well, their loss.

1  Thank Greg S