“Great location and beautiful views”

Hotel Spa Porta Maris & Suites del Mar
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Alicante
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We just returned from a 7 night stay with a big group. Our boys came to Alicante University to play soccer and some of the families stayed at this hotel.

Location: prime. Beautiful views. Right next to beach and walking distance to many sights.
Rooms: very clean ; housekeeping always on time and pleasant.
Breakfast: plenty! Good selection.
Bar and common area: clean, staff friendly and helpful.
Pool/Spa: nice, relaxing.

Overall, we truly enjoyed our stay! My only complaint about his hotel is that the rules are extremely stringent and they don't explain them well upfront. We had to give a deposit for towels. When I returned all three towels , I was asked for the receipt. No one told me I had to keep the receipt. I had to argue to get my 30 E returned to me and I only had it returned to me after I said I would then keep the towels if I didn't get my money refunded.

I would return here!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
GerenciaDptoCalidad, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Spa Porta Maris & Suites del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and we expect that your opinion helps readers.
According to your comment about our stringent rules, please let us explain that this receipt is a tool to control that we refund the money to the right guest. If only towels were requested, any guest could take your towels and receive your deposit back. Your signature on our copy of the receipt was asked in your case to guaranteed that we are not maken a mistake. We are sorry if this procedure disturbed you.
We will be pleased to attend you in your next stay. Thank you for your confidence.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Spa Porta Maris & Suites del Mar

Reviewed 7 August 2017

This hotel has a lot of good things to offer, the position of the hotel has good and bad points. We booked two rooms, classic, one on the back, port view, one on the front, superior sea view The classic room was on second floor facing a very noisy discotheque which was also our supposed port view. Although the hotel have done their best to combat this with double glazing we still had no sleep for two nights even though we kept door closed and had to leave air con on.. We decided to upgrade to another superior sea view room for four nights which of course was at a cost. The reception staff could not be more helpful apart from one young lady.. The hotel does state there are tea and coffee making facilities. I always start my day with a cup of tea in bed but when my husband went to reception to inform them there wasn't any teabags or milk, he was told to go to the bar and buy some milk as you are only allowed two tiny cartons of milk per day which we had used on day of arrival. I could not believe what she had said and went to speak to her myself. On returning to our room later, yes two tiny cartons of milk and one teabag. After our request the next four days the milk and teabags were non existent.. Why have a facility you can't use. It would of been easy to go to the supermarket and buy my own teabags and milk but this is classed as four star hotel with four star prices. We have been going to Spain for the last thirty five years and always stayed in a variety of three star, four star and five star and have never been rationed before or ever been asked to pay for milk for the room. Hotel Spa is lovely but very dated, the dragonion rules need to be reviewed but staff were friendly. Food in restaurant repetitive, ample but with minimal variety, staff lovely. The domestics are very sociable and friendly, the rooms were immaculate. If booking this hotel make sure you book the junior suites they have their own private pool area and bar, sun beds on large balconies and the full on unrestricted sea views. I'm sure their tea making facilities would be replenished and not rationed or non existent On the whole we all had a good time, but would not return to this particular hotel as their rules are stringent . PS:I don't think they understand tea in the uk is a traditional drink as coffee is in Italy and Saki is in Japan.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank kasLiverpool
GerenciaDptoCalidad, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Spa Porta Maris & Suites del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience after your stay with us. We expect that your review helps readers and, to give them complete information about what you describe, we consider important to explain some of the items you mentioned.
Related the tea- coffeE making facilities we would like to remember readers that this is a courtesy but not illimited service. Tea, coffee and milk are replenished daily at about middday (to avoid distrurb guests early in the morning). There are several persons exclusively in charge of replenish this service and minibars also. What we understand in this review is that tea and milk was consumed on day of arrival and that was the reason that you have not more replenished when you woke up. Anyway, after asking in reception and receiving the explanation from our recepcionist, items consummed were replenished. So, we do not understand why did you not claim again the following mornings if tea and milk were not really replenish as you said. Please, you should note that we refill at about midday. If you needed it before, a simple call to reception has been enough to satisfy you. That is our advice for readers. Please, we would appreciate if any inconvenience or claim is noticed during the stay, only in that way your give us the opportunity to satisfy your needs.

Anyway, we expect you consider the rest of your stay possitive and you enjoyed it. We appreciate very much your words about our staff and It will be a pleasure welcoming you again if you give us again the opportunity.

Thank you for choosing our services and to write this review.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Lovely Hotel, On arrival staff were very helpful in giving us general info on the surrounding area, places to visit, getting around and eating out. Very friendly staff, Great Location, 5 minute walk to beech and marina. Great views from our room, room was comfortable and clean, had everything we needed, including free WiFi and two TV's. Happy with the breakfast, had everything you could think of and more. Overall was very happy with our choice of hotel.

Room Tip: Marina View, had sun in the afternoon on the balcony
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
GerenciaDptoCalidad, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Spa Porta Maris & Suites del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thank your for sharing your experience in this traveller's community. We expect your review helps readers and we will be pleased to wellcome you on your next stay. Thank you for choosing our services.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

I'd not stayed in this hotel for a few years, but returned for a short break. My room was adequate, bed was reasonably comfortable. I looked out over the sea on the "quiet" side of the hotel (not the port) but immediately over the spa roof. In the early evening there was a fair bit of noise from the spa (especially screaming kids) but at that time it didn't particularly bother me. Probably not the best if you like a relaxing early evening or want to sleep in after 10am.

Breakfast was included in my rate and was fantastic - great selection of food served in a pleasant and airy room with a lovely sea view. Staff were very friendly and helpful each time I visited, despite being busy.

The issue I had was with the spa... as I had a late flight home, I arranged a pass to take a shower in the spa, which I had not previously used. All was fine, until I went to leave the spa area, when a staff member pursued me and tried to prevent me from leaving. I don't speak fluent Spanish (and not unreasonably she did not speak English). She blocked the doorway and became very agitated. When I asked her to move, she pursued me outside to the hotel reception. I needed to leave for my flight so I asked the porter to interpret - and it turned out that the spa worker was convinced I had taken a massage treatment and left without paying. This led the hotel staff to try and prevent me from leaving to catch my plane. A 30 minute commotion ensued - which was eventually sorted out by the manager, who apologised. My taxi had then left, and I could not get another one quickly... I made it to the airport with minutes to spare. This really did spoil an otherwise pleasant break, and did lead me to cancel my reservation there for my July trip. I suspect this was an unfortunate misunderstanding- but it was really badly handled. When I complained to the hotel, they told me the spa was run by another company- pretty poor service.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank LondonBlonde
GerenciaDptoCalidad, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Spa Porta Maris & Suites del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you for your review. We expect that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel, which I think you did. We are sorry for the misunderstood in the spa which ruined your previous nice memories. We undestand that your impression was very bad and you felt eternal those minutes but, although the spa is not managed by the hotel, we quickly solved the situation and informed you about the misunderstood and asked for apologies. We expect that you could excuse the mistake and you would keep a good memory about your experience.
If you change your mind and you decide to return, we will be pleased to attend you again. Thank you for choosing our services.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

On arrival I must admit the building and entrance didn't look very inviting a bit run down and old fashioned but then we met the lovely receptionist who explain our room wasn't ready so we went off to have lunch and when came back we were given the key to room 511 superior sea view room - when we came out of the lift it was like another hotel very modern decor and our room was a good size with a great view over beach and sea. Breakfast was lovely with a very varied selection. Our only criticism was the pool area was in need of a lot of work it let the hotel down and the entrance both cosmetic. Oh and we were given a lovely surprise a bottle of Cava and chocolates for our wedding anniversary which was a lovely gesture by the Management team. All the staff were really helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Chose a sea view room so you don't get direct sunlight and the view is wonderful
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
GerenciaDptoCalidad, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Spa Porta Maris & Suites del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience after your stay with us. It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed it and your words about our team are very encouraging.
According to your criticism about the spa, please let you know that Wellness Center spa is an externanl service, managed for a company different to the hotel, but we will share with them your opinion in order to improve the area.
We expect that your comments help readers and it will be a pleasure welcoming you soon in a next stay.
Thank you for choosing our services.