See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Altough the staff is very nice, the hotel is a little bit outdated and classic, in my opinion. The breakfast was rather poor. I saw the score of booking.com was 9, but i do not agree. Based on the price, i expected much more from the room, the bathroom and the breakfast. The view however was excellent. I can suggest lake mergozzo to everybody.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Eric v
Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

My sister and I arrived on bikes on a rainy afternoon before the official check-in time and were given one of the warmest welcomes I have ever enjoyed. The owner had the housekeeper get our room ready with priority and treated us to complimentary hot tea while we waited in the charming upstairs salon. Our lakeside room with balcony was lovely and the bathroom was very spacious. The restaurant is a treat. Very elegantly furnished in classic country villa style, heavy silver cutlery, fine crystal glasses -- every detail was just perfect. The service was charming and attentive but not intrusive. The owner came round at the end of the meal and personally recommended a delicious dessert. We felt like the belles of the ball in this hotel and restaurant. We are happy to recommend it warmly without hesitation and hope to return sometime.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarieFl
Reviewed 6 October 2016

The hotel is in a wonderful location, directly on a small green beach on lago Mergozzo. The view is fabolous, the lake is clean, quiet and swimmable.
They have an excellent restaurant, with great dishes and wine list, very good service, a bit on the pricy side.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in front of the lake. there is no lift upstairs
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2016

We stayed for four nights in one of the ground floor apartments. The room was spacious and clean with a great outside area. We didn't use the kitchen facilities but I think you'd probably be disappointed if you were trying to go self-catering.
The location is perfect with great views of the lake and a short stroll into the town.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2016

In August 2015 we stayed for one night on our road trip down to Bergamo.
We vowed to return and spend more time enjoying this perfect hotel and the surrounding area. Sometimes when you return to a place it is not quite the same, but after 4 nights on the way back from Genoa I can honestly say that we will be visiting again.
There is so much or so little to do, from just sitting and watching the lake change colour to enjoying a fantastic dinner in the restaurant; people watching; swimming in the lake or walking the streets of the old town of Mergozzo to going a bit further out and exploring Orta san Giulio, Arona, Stressa or Intra (to name a few).
Perfect hosts, spotless rooms, delicious food and views to die for – my idea of perfection.

Room Tip: Pay that little extra and get a room with a lake view. Waking up on a morning and opening the door to the view is quite breath taking.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple