Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Passing visit.

We popped up to Gretna, to say we'd been whilst staying in Kendal. Whilst heading to Hadrians Wall... read more

Reviewed 20 July 2020
S4281CNrichardm
Ings, United Kingdom
via mobile
Worth a visit.

Visited here with a friend and my 9 year old son. There is an excellent variety of civilian and... read more

Reviewed 30 June 2020
PWMcC
Newtownabbey, United Kingdom

All reviews blue streak military aircraft great afternoon guided tour cockpit plane vulcan volunteers exhibits cumbria
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 August 2019 via mobile

Very interesting for all ages could spent hours looking around very helpful staff and very clean tidy defo be going back with my three grandchildren

Reviewed 4 August 2019 via mobile

Found this museum on line while staying near carlisle ,1st thing i saw was the Vulcan so was a must visit

Great museum with some very interesting articles and displays, several aircraft u are able to go inside including the Vulcan.

The staff are great ,friendly and chatty ,well in to what they are doing and happy to explain things to you.

Gift shop is full of all sorts of stuff good selection of model kits also.

Recomend it to visit, cracking place me and my 13yr son had a great time and some good chats with the staff

And being able to go inside the Vulcan was a high light of our trip.

Reviewed 2 August 2019 via mobile

While up from Cornwall visiting friends visited the museum.
We spent a most enjoyable few hours looking around at the exhibits and came away very impressed, it's a great place for kids as unlike many similar places they (and grown up,s) cam actually go into some of the aircraft on display, including a very rare opportunity to see inside of the cold war Vulcan bomber.
Thanks to the knowledgeable staff who made our visit complete...highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed 2 August 2019 via mobile

Brilliant museum, run with great enthusiasm, lots of details and interesting exhibits. Best of all you can get into a Vulcan and Canberra.

1  Thank maxi798
Reviewed 22 July 2019 via mobile

I was told about this place by a family member and as something of an Aviation aficionado I was eager to check it out.

Having visited the excellent museum of flight at east fortune , my daughter was a little disappointed that you could not access the Vulcan.

So after a little research we found Solway Aviation Museum, where we were allowed on the Vulcan & given a great tour of it , and had its history explained to us by the friendly guides.

This really made my 8yr old daughters day getting to see all of this. The other aircraft here are great as well and it’s nice to see some rarer , more leftfield aircraft like the Canberra on display (which you can also board)

A personal highlight was the exhibits from spadeadam - a part of Britain’s short lived rocket/space program.

Seeing the engines up close & part of the rocket body outside , as well as the interactive history of the staff at woomera rocket range.

Completely Spoiled for choice here.

Enjoyed it so much I bought a membership & will most definitely return.

And you should too!