Hotels.com
eDreams
Orbitz.com
Priceline
All reviews busy road four poster poster bed park broom main road double glazing an evening meal one night stay last minute booking packed lunch en route to scotland friendly welcome long drive lovely room good nights sleep dog carlisle
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 June 2018

So if you come here expecting a boutique style hotel stay then you will be disappointed. Its not the Hilton or a fancy modern retreat but then it doesn't have to be because it has a charm all of its own! When you pull up in the car park and walk into reception you can be forgiven for feeling a little underwhelmed. Yes the decor is a little dated and the lighting isn't on par with a trendy hotel but what you get is a cheery and friendly welcome that puts you immediately at ease. We stayed for one night to attend a concert in nearby Carlisle town centre and in all honesty this was one of the only rooms available and so given the reviews on trip advisor I booked it and I'm so glad we did. The lady behind reception couldn't do enough to help us. She helped us find a taxi to get to the concert and allowed us to pre order our evening meal so we could leave on time get to the venue. The hotel has a bar and lounge that is very reasonably priced and the food is amazing!! Starters and two main courses came to somewhere around £35 for both of us. The room is a little old fashioned but absolutely spotless and fine for what we were visiting for. In the morning breakfast was cooked to order from an extensive menu. The Cumberland full breakfast appeared to be the favourite but the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs was equally as delicious. If we are in the area again we will return. Thank you.

Room tip: We stayed in room 4 which was a small double. It was ok for one night but any longer and you may get a bit of cabin fever!!
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kath D, Owner at Park Broom Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thank you so much for your honest and very appreciative review. We loved meeting you and we are so glad your visit was such a success. Alex , our chef, says thank you for the kind comment on his food
Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

I was so pleased when I found what I thought was a last minute gem. The reviews were great but I was so so disappointed in what we actually received for our money. We had a dire family room in desperate need of redecoration. Wall paper was peeling, the double bed broken, a broken window letting in all the rain and the toilet door wouldn't shut. If it wasn't for the fact we had two young children needing sleep I would have left upon arrival. It is a shame as the lady who we dealt with when we arrived was lovely and the food nice. But truly the room (no 6) was just awful and when we voiced our unhappiness in the morning the lady on the front desk was a little rude. Sadly I won't be recommending this establishment to anyone.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Simone P
Reviewed 20 May 2018

The owner picked me up from Walton after a day's walking and then dropped me off again the next day. Very friendly place with a comfortable bed and a delicious dinner. The omelette at breakfast was excellent. There was a good number of hooks in the room for my walking gear and clothing too. I would definitely stay again if I am in the area in the future.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Very pleasant little hotel in dire need of a face lift.
Staff are very nice and can’t do enough for you but the whole place is a little dated and needs some TLC
The bed was like laying on top of a triffle lol.
The food is very very good and can’t fault it at all.
Try and get a room at the back as it is on an extremely busy road and is very noisy if you like the window cracked open a bit.

1  Thank vinniethespark
Reviewed 5 May 2018

A chance find when we booked on business . Not often your view is of green fields and farm animals ! Friendly hard working staff . Clean rooms . Dinner was of a high standard .. those chips were amazing ! . Included was a very substantial breakfast again served in a friendly relaxed atmosphere . We will be back and recommend this hotel .

Trip type: Travelled on business