All reviews kelly family beef coastal walks amazing setting melt in the mouth lovely bar bank holiday four poster bed quaint hotel sea view chowder fantastic hotel mash old world charm following morning wedding reception staff were lovely
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I love this hotel the views are amazing..... the food is even better ... the staff really make u feel at home.. great prices on food and drink.... the entertainment is brilliant ... go and see for yourself...

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A great place to enjoy a drink. The garden area was beautiful and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Easy to lose yourself for a few hours enjoying the sun. Wide variety of whiskey and served with a smile!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

A wedding at the Haven Hotel, where to start. Words really can't describe just how brilliant our special day was and this was all down to the staff and management at the Haven Hotel. We had obviously looked at a number of venues but from the second we met with Paul and Judy we just knew this was it. Totally relaxed and professional and any questions, queries or requests we had were handled promptly (and there were many!) Nothing was a problem! We never got the impression that anything was being sold to us, the Haven really bought into our Wedding day and wanted it to be perfect just as much as we did. We had our ceremony on the grounds, the weather was perfect and the entire seating arrangement was lovely - our guests had a gorgeous view of the sea while they watched us get married. We even did the majority of our photos on the grounds and they were amazing! Little touches like all the staff lining at the bottom of the stairs to greet my wife before she walked up the aisle was fantastic.
The table plan in the marquee worked really well. We had over 150 guests with 16 tables and there was plenty of space. The food was EXCEPTIONAL!!! Especially the beef, people are still telling us how much they enjoyed their meal!
The one thing that sticks in our mind is how much our guests enjoyed the day in particular the views. We are locals from the area and take Dunmore East for granted but we had people travel from far and wide who felt they were actually at a wedding abroad. If you get the weather that we had for our Wedding you will not find a better venue. But obviously you can't rely on Irish weather!!! Either way you can't go wrong with the Haven Hotel - unbelievable staff, food, service, rooms, views, grounds and definitely the best value for money wedding venue in, I would say, the whole country. Thanks to all at the Haven for a brilliant day that neither we or our guests will ever forget!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Connor C
Reviewed 27 August 2018

The Haven Hotel is located in the village of Dunmore East, Co. Waterford, set on a height, with green lawns and a lovely outdoor seating area. We found the service to be friendly and attentive. 25 years ago, we had our wedding reception in The Haven and we returned to the hotel for an overnight stay. Our room ( the bridal suite)was beautiful, with a view out to the bay, boasting a four poster bed and a spacious en-suite complete with bath tub and separate shower.

We had booked the set dinner menu for our evening meal. Unfortunately, this meal was a disappointment. My partner had garlic mushrooms for starters and they were served with bitter, burnt garlic. I chose the Caesar salad. This was also disappointing, with 4 big pieces of chicken, covered in too many large croutons all served in a cereal/ soup bowl. I asked for a salad with my fish main course as it came with mashed potatoes, but not with vegetables. This salad was an extra order . Large chunks of red onion and a few pieces of roughly cut peppers were on top of a handful of lettuce. My hake , which was delicious and cooked to perfection was served on top of two large slices of cold tomato and two large slices of cucumber and iceberg lettuce. The hake would have been better served directly on to the plate. Finally, the trio of desert, was stale and very poor. We both received large pieces of chocolate fudge cake, a meringue nest filled with cream and a triangle of stale cheesecake. My fudge cake was hard and dry, as though it had been stored, uncovered. The cheesecake tasted stale as if it been open to the air for too long.

The breakfast the following morning was good.

As we were celebrating our anniversary, we did not complain, however, we did leave our comments on the comment card from our room and handed it in when we were checking out.

Perhaps the other menus at The Haven are better, we won't be trying them out. We would stay at the hotel again , however, we would eat in one of the other restaurants in the village.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
heavenDunmoreEast, Owner at The Haven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Thank you for your lovely comments about The Haven, and our staff.

However, if only you had just said while you were eating that you were not enjoying the choices you had made, we would have been delighted to have changed them.

We can assure you that we only use the freshest of ingredients and the cheesecake was most definitely fresh. Your choice to have salad, rather than vegetables, were also not an extra.

It really dismays us when the first we know of a grievance is on social media, (or also, in your case, on a note left to be found after your departure). We want our guests to enjoy their experience here at The Haven, no matter what the occasion, and it's such a pity you didn't give us the chance whilst you were here.

We'd be delighted to welcome you back, and also hope that you will choose to eat with us again. Perhaps we could suggest that you allow us to look after you, and suggest dishes to suit your taste, while you are here, rather than us having to have this "conversation" after the event online?!

Regards
Paul Kelly

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Ate here for lunch today very disappointing. Probably the worse chowder I ever had. We arrived and were sitting inside waiting 10 mins for menus. We decided to go outside as view was fab. I asked for menus and was told that they didn't take orders outside that I would need to come in and order. So much for a relaxing lunch. When I went back into the bar to place my order the barman couldn't take order and would get one of the girls to take my order. She took my order and looked for payment. I hadn't got my food. I went back outside to get my purse and went back into pay. Have we ever heard of customer service. To top it off they charged a euro for cordial. Every place that I've eaten in give you cordial free when you are spending money on food. I work in the industry and I felt like I was an inconvenience. We are a family of 4 who holiday alot in Ireland and am not fussy but food wasn't good. My chowder was not pleasant. Kids got toasted cheese sandwich for 5.50 with nothing with in. My husband got Waterford chicken blaa which he said was ok. Fab location with fab views with huge potential if ran right

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Journey79673
heavenDunmoreEast, Owner at The Haven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

Many thanks for your review.

As you are in the industry you will know that when serving food outside there are unfortunately more customers than you would imagine who “forget” to pay. We are in no way implying that you would come into this bracket, but we lost so much revenue this way last summer we have found this is the only way to ensure payment.

We also received many comments from customers who suggested it would actually save them time, rather than waiting for a member of staff to take their order, then get their bill at the end of their meal, and again for change/the credit card machine.

I hope that you mentioned to a member of our team that you felt the chowder was unacceptable and that they got you something else to eat, and thank you for your comments on the children’s sandwiches, we will look into improving that.

Thank you again for your review - we always welcome feedback from customers, and strive to learn from it. As you said, we have a stunning location and we do hope you will come back to visit us again.

Paul Kelly