“Coeliacs paradise ”

Price range: US$9 - US$36
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

I had an absolutely amazing meal on Saturday night in the Spinnaker in Dunmore East. The Spinnaker has always been a favourite of ours but it's our first visit since i was diagnosed Coeliac and I have to say their menu is fantastic, out of a menu of 25 items (plus daily specials) 16 of them are either Gluten Free or Gluten Free adaptable, I had the Surf n Turf which was fillet steak with prawns, mussels and crab claws all in garlic butter with chunky chips and a rocket salad, I was licking my lips after it, it was a real treat to sit down and read a menu where I had lots of choices, I was like a kid in a sweet shop, thanks to the staff and chef at The Spinnaker for considering coeliacs in this manner, I'm already planning my next visit (which will be sooner rather than later), himself had the trio of fish dish and he's still talking about it !!!

2  Thank Car0line2882

Reviewed 7 August 2016

Four of us adults had a meal here on Saturday 6th August and although the place was full the service was prompt and especially friendly.
The Hake fish was fresh and cooked to perfection and the mushy peas and tartar sauce added to the overall dish.
The proprietor visited each table in his inimitable and genial way and obviously enjoys his work as he was most pleasant.
Jim

1  Thank jabell1936
Reviewed 6 August 2016

Chaotic due to being so busy, food was ok but not the best. Service was extremely poor here in comparison with service we had received from other restaurants and the toilets were pretty grubby and smelt of dirty nappies.

Nialled, Owner at The Spinnaker Bar, Cafe & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2016

Dear Guest

Funny one - this review!!

I am disappointed that you did not find or food or service to your personal liking, as you can see by previous reviews, this is not the norm at the spinnaker.

Indeed we are know for good food and service.

Regarding nappies, we are a child friendly restaurant, we do check our toilets each hour, but but as a father of 3 myself, i do know that one small nappy, not placed in a nappy bag , can be deadly. That I'm afraid this is a little out of my control.

I was glad to hear that THE SPINNAKER was very busy during your visit, we must be doing something right.

Its just a pity you did not high lite your concerns to a staff member before you left, we could have addressed them in person, face to face, which is something trip advisor cannot do.

Thanks

NIALL

Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

Ate there this evening on trip advisor's recommendation. We were 3 adults and 4 kids, didn't realise we needed to book and the place was very busy. Staff were so friendly and accommodating. We were shown to a lovely outdoor seating area which was perfect. Food was fab, fish was the best we've had all week in Waterford. Kids really enjoyed their food and the homemade cookies were a huge hit. Great spot in beautiful Dunmore, we'll be back

2  Thank Tuktuktray
Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

Spent a week in Dunmore East and frequented the Spinnaker Bar and Restaurant.....a great establishment....lively and welcoming..fantastic staff and excellent food and entertainment....couldn't fault the place. Highly recommend it.

2  Thank hayessy