All reviews scones lough foyle modern house perfect hosts stunning views hosts mary small fridge northern ireland on arrival lovely ensuite her husband magilligan point gorgeous home cannot rate downstairs room b and b with open arms
Reviewed 9 December 2018

I had a most wonderful stay. A spotlessly clean room, great common sitting area (which I had to myself), a fabulous breakfast. The view over Lough Foyle is gorgeous. Mary and Owen welcomed me to their home as if I were family. Hands down, one of the best B&Bs I've ever stayed at.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 November 2018

Lovely warm welcome when we arrived. If we could have stayed longer we would have. Came for a wedding down the road and Eoin/Eoghan graciously gave us a lift which was very much appreciated. Good craic and very friendly people. Room was fantastic with complimentary chocs. Dying on the Sunday and got a very tasty fry and plenty of tea. Honestly couldn't fault it. Great. We will be back again.

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed 16 November 2018

One of my housemates and I decided to take advantage of a long weekend off school and head to Donegal. We booked On The Rocks last-minute (we'd been planning to stay somewhere else but realised on the way up that it was closed for the season), and Mary was very accommodating and moved a single bed into one of the rooms with a double bed for us as there weren't any more available rooms with two single beds. We had such a pleasant stay! The room was spacious (especially for originally having only one bed!) and had an en suite bathroom, both of which were clean and pleasant. The communal sitting area upstairs was clean and cozy, and I thoroughly enjoyed flipping through some of the books. Mary made an excellent breakfast every morning, and she and her husband Owen were very knowledgeable about the history and culture of the area and made for wonderful company! The views from the breakfast area over Lough Foyle were stunning, and the house was close to Greencastle, Moville, and the lovely Shroove Beach. We will definitely be visiting again!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 November 2018

We had a lovely time with Mary and Owen - they were incredibly gracious hosts (and fantastic cooks!). The home is immaculate with clean and modern decor, private rooms are spacious with lovely ensuite bathrooms, and the views are stunning. Couldn't recommend more!

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed 31 October 2018

From the moment we arrived, we were greeted with the warmest of welcomes from Mary & Owen. The B&B itself is stunning. Clean and modern with a view of the Donegal coast which is just spectacular! We were staying for a Wedding and Owen kindly offered to leave us to the wedding venue. The breakfast the next day was scrumptious and they offer a wide range of foods to suit all tastes. They even got a gift for my girlfriend as it was her birthday! A great B&B with big, clean rooms all with ensuites. Apart from the location and the B&B itself, the real stars are Mary & Owen who really do make you feel at home and go out of there way to ensure your stay is truly amazing! 5 Stars! If I could give more stars I would! :)

Date of stay: October 2018