All reviews reef sharks buffet style beautiful beach bathroom facilities beachfront bure island hopping tour sunset walk turned up local community food was fantastic barefoot kuata summit hike locals village yasawas resort
Reviewed 7 April 2018

This is a little piece of heaven. Run by the villagers of the island, this resort gives you a full dose of Fiji culture and hospitality with great comfort and fabulous food! Our favourite spot during our island hopping, we would have spent more time here if we were to do the trip again. The staff were so friendly and welcoming and the rooms were really beautiful. We watched the sun rise up out of the ocean from our bedroom window in the morning was so perfect. We shared our room in the other resorts with quite a few critters, but these huts were nicely sealed and it was a great night sleep. Awesome beach too! Would highly recommend you stay here

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jade F
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Wayalailai was our favourite island on our island hopping trip.
The resort is owned by the locals and the village, which means it's super authentic.
I can't explain enough how fab the staff were! Mathew especially made such an effort with everyone, but all the staff members were amazing! Everyone was constant smiling and laughing!
The view of the beach and the giant rock where beautiful!
Our beach Bure was fab! Great mosquito net, big bed and comfortable facilities! Towels were also included which was fab!
The food was delicious and plenty of it!
This was our favourite island, thanks to the people, as it actually rained nearly every day!
We went to Church on the Sunday which was an incredible experience. Everyone was so welcoming!
Can't thank wayalailai enough for such an amazing, cultural experience!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2018

The people here are just lovely. I have to mention a couple by name who just go out of their way to make your stay a blast. Tylo, Kimi, and Agu were all great hosts, and I loved every second of my stay here. If you are island hopping through the Yasawas, staying here is a must

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Victims of a scam, we arrived in Waiyalailai without a proper booking. We were very lucky to be greeted by Tai Lo who told us she had a room for us and that we were more than welcome to stay with them even if our voucher displayed a wrong rate. She even upgraded us to a lovely private bure. The food was amazing and the staff was super friendly. Shoutout to our scuba diving instructor who made our stay unforgettable!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

Let's get the very small two bad things out the way, a good wad of previous guests hair in the drain, and the toilet didn't lock (easy fix, sorry I forgot to tell you guys, it just needs a bigger hole where the latch goes across in Bure 3).

The place, people and food were very good. Very happy friendly helpful staff, food was the best we had out of the 4 islands we travelled great portions and great food. The scenery was pretty spectacular the afternoon we arrived, unfortunately it rained the next day so was a tad glum, in the morning I travelled to the highest point on the island with a friend and a guide, this was stunning and well worth it but make sure your ready for it as it's pretty hard mainly the first half and definitely need closed shoes! We left at 5am and we moved pretty fast, if your not so confident they will only go half way to a place that's still pretty nice but the top is always going to be better so good footwear and a good nights sleep required. There's kayaks and snorkelling gear available there, I would of taken me and my girlfriend out on a kayak ($30) if the weather was better and gone for a little cruise around the south part of the island (looked super cool).

The sun sets just round the corner after the village, so you can sit on the beach with a beer and watch that, then comes dinner and dancing which you can win prizes if you shake what your momma gave you. Super chilled place with stunning views and the right fiji feel to it, with quite easily the best singers on the islands (the really big guy was my favourite) passionate!

The photos I have of the trek and sunset I'll put on Facebook for you guys, thanks Wayalaiai Ecohaven family, lots of love Ben and Sam x

Stayed: February 2018