Lowest prices for your stay
US$109
US$60
Priceline
US$60
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.comUS$109
TravelocityUS$109
FindHotel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 November 2019 via mobile

I CANNOT overstate enough how NOTHING in this hotel WORKS. If there’s a hotel whose management care less about hospitality but margins, Ziwa takes the price!

As an avid traveler, I owe this to the hotel and world.

NEGATIVES

⁃ The reception area looks like a backstreets motel in the early 80s!! You can almost feel the smell of scam in the air.
⁃ The room was dump and archaic. NOTHING WORKS!!
⁃ Old smelly white torn bed linen, towels.
⁃ The A/C was not WORKING. They had to bring in an old fan that WAS ALSO NOT WORKING.
⁃ The room sockets were faulty and would occasionally let out a sparky noise.
⁃ Terrible showering experience! The shower DOES NOT WORK. It’s more of a sprinkler than a shower. When we called the fix-it guy, he casually indicated that there’s was nth more he could do to fix it.
⁃ The hotel provides body shower gel and shampoo that is seemingly permanently affixed to the bathroom walls. I doubt they change it.
⁃ A HUGE centipede was comfortably habited above the bed. It was quite obvious management was doing nth about it. For all I know, the rooms may be home to other crawling creatures.
⁃ Mosquito net was old and torn. For the one night, mosquitoes in my room had a field day! An important observation for guests who are bringing with them their babies!
⁃ Too expensive for little to no value.
⁃ I STRONGLY recommend that management takes a good look at itself. It’s honestly embarrassing. Definitely never going back!

POSITIVES

The only positive is that I’m never going back. Well, breakfast was good.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2019

I was surprised by the price that was quoted for a beach resort with a beachfront and more so during a public holiday when all hotels normally hike their rack rates. However before we reached we had to manage our own expectations - by lowering them. :-)
At the reception, in a very haphazard and after thought manner, we were offered cold towels, glass of passion juice and a small miserable-looking packet of soggy masala crisps. The walkways to the cottages are so unkempt - spare parts, sand, planks of wood are strewn all over. The room is big and spacious. The bed is comfortable. There are mosquitoes..... A mosquito net is provided but it had holes. Each time someone opened a tap or flushed the toilet among the 4 rooms in the cottage, the water pump outside went on. It was so loud and irritating..especially when you are trying to get some sleep. The African theme decor is good but needs maintenance.The room has a veranda with a dining table and lounge seats shared by 2 rooms. The seat covers were dirty. The wooden seats need some polishing and cleaning. On one day we came back from the beach, found that our neighbors had left their used utensils on the dining table - they were not cleared. The next morning they were still there. :-( The shower curtain was dirty and so was the wall in the shower....that made me feel the whole place was dirty. The water is hard. Instead of providing sealed bottled drinking water, they seem to have a water dispenser somewhere that they use to replenish drinking water in some glass bottles provided in the room. That felt eerie although even though they are trying to be green. The wifi was ok. Limited programs to watch on the TV provided. We didn't try their breakfast based on other peoples reviews and opted to go to other restaurants nearby. There is plenty of them. Apart from one staff from the restaurant, the room attendant and receptionist were exceptional. In brief, sanitation is a big weakness at this resort.

3  Thank Mamu_Jorge
Reviewed 14 October 2019

Excited to be back loved me stay at ziwa beach resort, so much kindness, Mindful staff for comfortable holiday living With direct access to the beach in the Indian Ocean.I hope to leave a trace on my next visit monkey mind on it ....

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2019

The hotel is perfect. Spacious rooms with good lighting and shared balconies. The food is excellent and if your are a vegetarian, this is a big plus. The staffs are nice people. You can enjoy swimming at the ocean side as you watch the expansive Indian Ocean

Room tip: Ocean side selection is desired though is a bit more expensive
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Alex M
Reviewed 25 June 2019

The room and the breakfast service was disappointing. Breakfast was 2 slices of toast and scrambled eggs with disgusting hot chocolate. This simple breakfast we waited 40 mins for. A Dirty dingy room with cockroaches and mosquitoes.Half of the lights in the room didnt work. There was also a Construction going on infront of us so that instead of a serene seaview we were faced with dust and noise that started at 8am and ended at 6pm which we were never informed of. We had limited privacy in the room with shared balcony and a flimsy curtain and doors to the balcony that didn't close properly. Our neighbors were a family with a infant which meant we hardly had a quiet moment.The towels were not very clean and the cherry on top we had no running water when we woke up next day. It felt like we were on a backpacking survival trip. We decided to check out next day because it was not what was advertised on the pictures and it was far from a relaxing holiday. To which I was not even given my full refund apparently Vat for the second night had to be deducted as well which i found dodgy too but as was desperate to leave i took my losses abd left. Completely disappointed. Id urge you to go elsewhere for 7500 Shillings per night it is far from value for money.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank LindaV1194