“Great Food with a Homey Atmosphere”
Review of Town Cafe

Town Cafe
Ranked #4 of 18 Restaurants in Athenry
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: An award winning family run coffee shop, café, tapas and wine bar. Serving fresh and delicious food and organic, fairtrade coffee.
Reviewed 1 August 2016

The breakfast here is excellent. ( I can get my eggs cooked soft :-) ). Their Omelettes are available for breakfast; unusual for Ireland.

The Tapas dinner on the 1st Friday night is excellent. The available wines are limited but match my taste and I think are a great value.

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Popped in for some where to have a light Sunday lunch, a nice little range on the menu, friendly atmosphere and proper homemade style food. Good value for money, I had the omelette and my wife had the bacon bap. This will be somewhere that will be visited again for lunch.

Unlike the listing for opening hours that say closed on Sunday, it was actually open.

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Absolutely loved this Cafė. Definitely worth visiting. Excellent Value , Service and flavours. Homemade pancakes would be wonderful. Everything else was top class. I would never pass this Cafė if I was travelling to Galway. My kids and friends love it too . All the best.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

The Town Cafe is a small but pleasant dining option in Athenry town. Its Menu offers Breakfast and Brunch options theses include Pancakes and the usual full Irish Breakfast. The Lunch options offer Fitness Salad and Greek Salad. I opted for the 3 Egg Omelette with tomato and ham. You can select up to 4 fillings and this costs Seven Euro 50 cent. They also have a good select of herbal teas and I opted for a pot of Green Tea with Lemon.

Service was prompt and the lady who took my order was very pleasant. Nice touch having copies of the daily paper on offer for us Solo diners.

The day of my visit we had an impromptu poetry reading as part of the Galway 2020 campaign. Overall a pleasant visit. Do think the Cafe could be very warm if the weather had been more Summer like the day of my visit. The Cafe has only 2 tables for outside dining and then you are on the actual pavement.

Worth a visit. Enjoy.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 12 June 2016

Very friendly staff and very helpful. Gluten free and dairy free foods available. Staff were very knowledge about different dietary needs. Great selection of food - sandwiches, not meals, desserts. Gluten free cakes/cookie available and soya milk for tea.

Date of visit: June 2016