All reviews base to explore comfortable hotel breakfast buffet is bit dated stayed here for nights bidet jacuzzi catalan
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Overall, I was really disappointed with this hotel. I booked it for my partners birthday weekend away and it looked to be the nicest in the area, was rated as a 4 star hotel and the price also reflected that at around 110 EUR per night (most expensive in the area) which is a lot for a quiet coastal town. It was also a spa hotel so I had quite high expectations. When we got there at reception, I was surprised by how dated everything looked and the décor was just a mix match of everything.

I hoped the room would be better but when we got in there, it was really dark with a tiny window and it all looked so old and dated. The best thing was the bathroom which had obviously been renovated into a large shower room but it took up most of the space in the room. It was depressing and looked nothing like the rooms advertised on booking.com which are really deceiving. So we went back down and asked for another room with more light, which to be fair, they changed for us no questions asked and it had a bigger window and lighter walls but still looked just as dated. The way I´d describe it was like a B&B from the 1980´s. – definitely not a 4 star hotel. The bathroom was pink and black tiles and there wasn´t a proper towel rail, no full length mirror.

But by far, the worse thing was the noise in the room. The walls and ceiling were so thin that we could hear every sound from the surrounding rooms, people coughing, using the toilet…but the worse was when next door either used the shower or turned on the tap, it created such an incredibly loud noise that filled our whole room it actually woke me up.

All in all, I wouldn’t recommend this place unless they drastically dropped the price and advertised it as a 3 star at best.

Room tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor are very dark as the windows are covered by the roof beams?!
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
DireccionHoteles, Recepcion at Hotel Spa Porto Cristo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Good afternoon dear customer.

First of all, thank you for wasting your time in writing to leave your comment.

I'm sorry to hear that you have not felt completely with our facilities. In high season the whole area is in high demand.
What we are always trying to do in these sort of situations is improve the room. But, sometimes is not possible due to the hight demand of our rooms.

We always try to make clients feel perfectly at home. When the hotel is full it can be more complicated due to the demand.

I appreciate your comment to helps us to try to improve daily.

Best regards

Merce
Front Desk

Reviewed 26 June 2018

This hotell is very nice and we would have given it a 4 or 5 if the new bathrooms had walls. This new way of building hotel rooms with glass wall that's open in top and bottom is a hipe that makes me crazy. The architect must have smoked their socks if they think that humans like to go on toilets in public with their travel company, married or not. The toilet is one of the first invention humans did going from cavemen to humans. Even the apes go to side from their flock to do what they need to do. The room could have been top ranked if the toilet had been separated. Architect, designer and owner that said yes to build this, please think next time.

Room tip: Aske to see the bathroom first.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
maravelles, Dpto. Recepción at Hotel Spa Porto Cristo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Dear customer,
Thank you for your comment. We appreciate it you liked our hotel and we're sorry you don't liked our open bathrooms. We will continue to work to offer our customers the best service. Best regards and see you soon, Natascha - Hotel Porto Cristo

Reviewed 14 March 2018

A good comfortable hotel in a handy location. An older building but well looked after and maintained. Rooms are fairly basic but comfortable, quiet and clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the included breakfast was lovely. A good base to explore the surrounding area.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
DireccionHoteles, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Spa Porto Cristo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thanks for your comments. We are pleasant to see you again.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

Clean and well presented. Great location, close to beach. Spacious room with comfortable bed and good, clean adequately sized bathroom. Friendly and helpful staff. Typical continental buffet breakfast.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thanks for your comments. We are grateful for them. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

My hiking companion and I stayed here for 2 nights while hiking in the area; the hotel was booked for us by the hiking company we used as part of the package. We enjoyed our stay here and found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. The hotel also has a spa and my companion was thoroughly satisfied with the massage she received there. Our room was very comfortable with two very firm twin beds and we both slept well; the room was quiet with nothing to disturb our sleep. There was a TV and a frig. stocked with products we could buy. We elected instead to take advantage of the complimentary tea and coffee and bottled water that was available to guests in the lobby. Our bathroom was clean, spacious, all marble, and had a sink, toilet, bidet, and a jacuzzi, which my companion and I appreciated.
Breakfast was buffet style in a large dining room. There was a wide variety of options and choices available; almost anything that someone might want for breakfast was provided.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
DireccionHoteles, Director Comercial at Hotel Spa Porto Cristo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Thanks for your comments. We are grateful for them. We hope to see you soon.