“Always a winner”

Yoco Eatery
Ranked #24 of 97 Restaurants in Durbanville
Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy, Bar
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

A restaurant that is also an art gallery in a beautiful 18th century farmhouse. Unlike so many Cape Town eateries, here you don't have to forgo good service or quality food to eat in an unusual setting. The staff are friendly and attentive, the menu has something for everyone and the owner prides himself in finding the best ingredients. Excellent value for money too. Definitely one of my favourites.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

Situated in a historical building, adjoining an art gallery and ceramic museum, Yoco showed lots of promise. The restaurant was about 60% full. When we entered and were seated, we were presented with a short but sweet menu. We asked the waitress for a minute to settle ourselves and look through the menu, at which point she promptly disappeared and seemed to forget us for a while. She was so absorbed in her work that it took me a few tries to catch her eye and remind her that we were sitting waiting for her! I had already had breakfast, so I ordered a piece of the German chocolate cake, while my companion ordered french toast and banana. He ordered an ice tea and I a coffee. We had plenty of time to sit and admire the artwork on the walls and absorb the homely environment. After about 25 minutes I began to wonder what had happened to my order, but then my coffee and my companion's drink arrived. Of course, I had hoped that I could have my coffee and cake together, but that was not to be. In all, we waited 40 minutes for our food. When it did come, I was impressed by my cake and my companion's french toast; at least the portion size was good. I ordered another lovely coffee and tucked in. My companion said that the french toast was very thickly sliced, and needed more egg. He was also disappointed that it was served with syrup and not honey. My cake was excellent. We finished our meal about 20 minutes later, and relaxed for a while (a long while) but it seemed the waitress was immersed in her other work again. With no sign of my coffee, we decided to leave. A short moment of confusion over the till later, and with a quick word to the waitress to forget my coffee, we were away.

Overall, Yoco is a pleasant environment with okay food and dreadfully slow service - we were not the only ones who noticed, as another table left before ordering as they were not attended to. I'd go again, but only if they were empty, and only for the excellent German chocolate cake.

Reviewed 22 April 2017

I discovered Yoco Eatery by accident. I was going for a run when I happened past Yoco. I stopped in to enquire how long they had been open (quite a while) and promised to come back later, which I did. I was blown away at the quality of the food - excellent, delicious, fresh, tasty and tasteful meals. Everything is so fresh and flavoursome. And reasonably priced too. My favourite meal is the poached egg, rocket and salmon breakfast that comes with a delicious citrus drizzle. I eat at Yoco at least once a week and have gotten to know the owner of the restaurant, Stas. He is an excellent host, he remembers exactly what you like and don't like, and he is always offering a nibble of the latest culinary creation. I think he is trying to fatten his guests!
I'm almost loathe for others to know about my secret find because I love being able to get good food, good service and lots of seating always available. But honestly, this place is too good not to share.

Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

We had lunch at Yoco eatery yesterday and we will definitely be back. I had the vegetarian pasta which was homemade and cooked to perfection! My husband had the pickle burger which he also enjoyed. The only negative was that the service was a bit slow, otherwise it was great.

Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

Excellent food in a lovely setting since under the extremely friendly new Israeli ownership! I will be back!