“Just a short lunch”

Price range: US$11 - US$34
Cuisines: Austrian, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Al Fortino bike bar&food is the perfect place to enjoy a meal while watching the beautiful view of Lake Garda on a panoramic terrace. The Chef offer is made by tasty sandwiches, salads, hamburgers and Italian traditional dishes. At Al Fortino you can also sip a aperitif at the sunset and enjoy a romantic dinner both in the open or inside the beautiful historical buildings that hosts the restaurant.
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

This place is really special and with a real historical style. You can learn of it's history by many pictures while you enjoy the interior.
We just had a pasta and salat. Both was very good and on normal price.

watsbolzano, Proprietario at Al Fortino bike bar&food, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Thank's a lot. Hope to see you again and have a nice stay at Lake Garda.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

On my first day in Nago I walked down to Torbole, passing this restaurant en route. In my excitement to get to the lake I went without any money, having left it in the safe at the hotel. On my way back up the hill, with the temperatures sky high, I was in desperate need of some water as I really didn't think I was going to make it back to the top. I stopped at this restaurant and they kindly obliged, declining my offer to pay for a drink by card. I don't know what I would have done without them, apart from collapse in a heap I think! On my last day I decided I'd go there for lunch by way of a thank you. I had a lovely lunch of spaghetti with a glass of prosecco, sat outside in glorious sunshine .admiring the view down to the lake for one last time. Only 9 euros for the pasta - the tomato and basil sauce was so fresh! - which came with 2 bread rolls and parmesan, Perfect end to a perfect holiday.

1  Thank cathymaker
Reviewed 17 July 2017

So the service was a little slow, even though the restaurant was quiet at this time.

The waitress was friendly and the food was very good. Great value.

Best seats are outside to the left of the main door. However the seating on the right hand side of the door are not too bad either.

1  Thank steven e
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

We visited one lunchtime as we were staying at the nearby Hotel Continental and had walked past this place several times en route to Torbole.
We only wanted a light snack and a drink and weren't disappointed with a large glass of drought beer and some super freshly made bruschetta.
The downside was the rather hefty cover charge of €5 each which we felt excessive and made this an overly expensive stop adding a 1/3 again to the bill.
I think they need to reconsider this levy as otherwise it's an interesting venue and the full menu looks to offer a good selection but again not cheap.

1  Thank GeordieLass6
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Nice view, good service, price and quality fine.. Food authentic Italian! Big insalata mista, good verdure... Tagliata was very nice.