All reviews outdoor shower plunge pool our honeymoon garden route tree house forest canopy living room on stilts vervet monkeys complimentary port huge bathroom the wood burning stove from start to finish plettenberg bay attention to detail breakfast was delicious out of this world
Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

Stopped for two nights on a trip across South Africa. Whilst we were lucky enough to stop at some great places Tsala was definitely the best.
Amazing woodland accommodation, excellent food and faultless service. Would definitely recommend.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TsalaTreetopLodge, General Manager at Tsala Treetop Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2016

So glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that it contributed to your experience of our beautiful country! Hope it will not be the last time you visit South Africa or Tsala!

Reviewed 7 December 2016

This is the nicest place we have ever stayed! We were a little hesitant in booking Tsala as it is quite pricey but it is sooo worth it. We stayed in some really nice places between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth but this was the standout. The standard of service, food and accommodation is best in class. We booked for 2 nights but were sorry we didn't book for 3 as we just felt so relaxed and happy while we were there. The little touches like coming back to a lit fire after dinner, the bedside snacks and little hand written notes and of course the hot water bottle tucked under the duvet...it all makes Tsala a very special place to stay. Can't wait to go back in future years!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TsalaTreetopLodge, General Manager at Tsala Treetop Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2016

We are absolutely delighted that we were able to contribute to this special time for you and look forward to welcoming you back at Tsala for many more special celebrations in future!

Reviewed 30 November 2016

So many personal touches made this a magical experience- the wood burning stove lit for our return from dinner together with the hot water bottles in our beds, the handwritten notes on the pillow and the bubbly on ice. But really this is all about the peace of the treetops and the amazing views. The restaurant is outstanding, the welcome is warm and you really do feel like a special guest. I wish that we could have stayed for longer!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

So glad Jenny that you enjoyed your stay and it is always very nice for us to be able to add the personal touches and make our guests feel special - hopefully next time you can stay longer!

Reviewed 29 November 2016

A pity I only stayed for one night, I could have stayed for a week!
They really do think of everything, a bottle of bubbly on ice to welcome me to the room, a snack platter, and after dinner a fire lit in the fireplace, AND as if it wasn't enough already, a hot water bottle in the bed. Attention to detail is really very good. My only gripe is that at breakfast, I was the only guest, and the staff stood behind me watching my every move, and pounced the minute I put down my spoon or cup! I don't like being watched that closely!

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Thanks for your review and honest feedback - it is through feedback that we can continue to grow and improve our service to each and every guest!

Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

This place it truely amazing. From entering the main reception to when you first see the view from your room. I can honestly say it is the best place I have ever stayed in. Wonderful hospitality. Amazing food and the most beautiful location. Make sure you keep your windows and doors closed though. Those monkeys are so clever and will find their way in and help themselves to any food they find :-)

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
TsalaTreetopLodge, General Manager at Tsala Treetop Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2016

Thanks for your review Catherine - it was lovely having you stay with us and we really hope that it will not be the last time we will be able to share Tsala with you (and our naughty monkeys!)